Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What device exactly?

What device exactly?

John

Thios afternoon I saw on television, a guy editing
a photograph using a computer and what looked
like a drawing pad with pen attached.

I haven't seen anything like this before. Would you
be so kind as to tell me what device - and software -
is used in this manner.

Thank you.

Dominic

John wrote:
> Thios afternoon I saw on television, a guy editing
> a photograph using a computer and what looked
> like a drawing pad with pen attached.
>
> I haven't seen anything like this before. Would you
> be so kind as to tell me what device - and software -
> is used in this manner.

Graphics tablet. Has a few other names too.

See...
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22graphics+tablet%22
....for information.

They control the mouse cursor, so they can be supported by any software
really, but mainly used in graphic design (obviously).

Hope this helps.

Dominic

127.0.0.1

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thios afternoon I saw on television, a guy editing
> a photograph using a computer and what looked
> like a drawing pad with pen attached.
>
> I haven't seen anything like this before. Would you
> be so kind as to tell me what device - and software -
> is used in this manner.
>
> Thank you.

here's a more up to date graphics tablet

http://www.wacom.com/lcdtablets/imag...iq_144x144.gif

the ones i used didn't have images on the tablet.

-a|ex

John

My thanks to those who helped and advised.
John