Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP 64-Bit Edition Unsupported Printer Port

XP 64-Bit Edition Unsupported Printer Port

Michael Haiducek

Why do I get a Unsupported Printer Port listed under hardware device
manager, after I installed Windows XP 64-Bit Edition on my computer? I cant
add certain printers, fax or PDF writers now.

Paul - xxx

Michael Haiducek posted:
> Why do I get a Unsupported Printer Port listed under hardware device
> manager, after I installed Windows XP 64-Bit Edition on my computer? I
> cant add certain printers, fax or PDF writers now.

Re-boot to the BIOS and check how the printer port is configured, it may be
set to EPP or ECP or some other setting that isn't supported fully ..

--
Paul ...

(8(|) ... Homer Rocks

Plato

Michael Haiducek wrote:

> Why do I get a Unsupported Printer Port listed under hardware device
> manager, after I installed Windows XP 64-Bit Edition on my computer? I cant
> add certain printers, fax or PDF writers now.

Next time check first that your pc is desinged for the OS you want to
play with.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Michael Haiducek

Tried that, It was set to Bi-Directional so I set to Normal and it did not
change the situation at all. I am running a ASUS SK8V main board and AMD
FX-51 processor if this helps. Tried New VIAHyperionpro64-096P2 Chipset
driver, and have new soundmax driver. I still get a Unsupported Printer Port
listed under hardware device, & Analog Device AD1985 Game Port Conflict.

news9Hxc.5160$(E-Mail Removed) ...