Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Safty footware

Safty footware

Brian

"D" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Should an employer in the UK provide NEW safety boots when previous ones

are worn
> out/damaged, or can they make you wear second hand ones?

no they can't make you wear second hand ones....
health and safety law.......
look for some žs if you are the victim

Should an employer in the UK provide NEW safety boots when previous ones are worn
out/damaged, or can they make you wear second hand ones?

Boomer

"D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Should an employer in the UK provide NEW safety boots when
> previous ones are worn out/damaged, or can they make you wear
> second hand ones?

Hi

You can also ask over at uk.legal.

"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "D" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Should an employer in the UK provide NEW safety boots when previous ones

> are worn
> > out/damaged, or can they make you wear second hand ones?
> >

> no they can't make you wear second hand ones....
> health and safety law.......
> look for some žs if you are the victim

Can you supply a link? so I can print it off and show them.

Brian

"D" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > "D" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Should an employer in the UK provide NEW safety boots when previous

ones
> > are worn
> > > out/damaged, or can they make you wear second hand ones?
> > >

> > no they can't make you wear second hand ones....
> > health and safety law.......
> > look for some žs if you are the victim
> >

> Can you supply a link? so I can print it off and show them.

not really but i'm sure if you google around a bit you will find something
search for occupations health and safety act

"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "D" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >
> > > "D" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> ones
> > > are worn
> > > >

> > > no they can't make you wear second hand ones....
> > > health and safety law.......
> > > look for some žs if you are the victim
> > >

> > Can you supply a link? so I can print it off and show them.
> >

> not really but i'm sure if you google around a bit you will find something
> search for occupations health and safety act

Been googling for a while, most links lead to footwear manufacturers or references
to whether employers have a legal obligation to supply them. :0(

Thank anyway. :0)

slylittlei

A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
arboreal in it's habits: D stated for the record...
> Should an employer in the UK provide NEW safety boots when previous
> ones are worn out/damaged, or can they make you wear second hand ones?

It's an employer's duty to provide PPE when your job requires it, but I
doubt there's any stipulation that it has to be new, just servicable.
Mind you, if my boss tried to fob me off with someone else's boots, I'd have
some questions to ask about what happened to the last guy..!

Brian

"slylittlei" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:vnFxc.40317$(E-Mail Removed)...
> A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
> arboreal in it's habits: D stated for the record...
> > Should an employer in the UK provide NEW safety boots when previous
> > ones are worn out/damaged, or can they make you wear second hand ones?

> It's an employer's duty to provide PPE when your job requires it, but I
> doubt there's any stipulation that it has to be new, just servicable.
> Mind you, if my boss tried to fob me off with someone else's boots, I'd

have
> some questions to ask about what happened to the last guy..!

i'm sure there is... the clothing can be industrially steam cleaned(this is
allowed) but not footwear... what if the person before hand had some kind of
foot disease or alsers... nope ..sure that an employer cannot do that.. u
are right though this may not be stated in any written H&S document but i am
sure there is somekind of court decision been made in the past... and if so
it will be on the net somewhere and be quotable.

Ian Moyce

Brian wrote:
>> some kind of foot disease or alsers... nope ..sure

Whats an alser?

--
Ian Moyce

*pie*

Brian

"Ian Moyce" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Brian wrote:
> >> some kind of foot disease or alsers... nope ..sure

> Whats an alser?
>
> --
> Ian Moyce
>
> *pie*

thanks Ian... i have been living in germany many years now and have really
lost it... i meant the things that you can pick up in showers, swimbaths
etc... maybe you can help me remembering this word?