Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > failed to install .NET Framework Service Pack 2

failed to install .NET Framework Service Pack 2

Matthew Louden

My computer has .NET framework installed, and I attempted to install .NET
framework service pack 2 but failed. Here's the error dialog box from
Windows Installer:

The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service
because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may
update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be
upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade
patch.

I have no ideas whats going on, please help!!

David Veale

Which version of the .Net Framework are you trying to apply the service pack
to? That service pack is for .Net 1.0. The current version of the .Net
framework is 1.1.

"Matthew Louden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My computer has .NET framework installed, and I attempted to install .NET
> framework service pack 2 but failed. Here's the error dialog box from
> Windows Installer:
>
> The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service
> because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch

may
> update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be
> upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade
> patch.
>
> I have no ideas whats going on, please help!!

Matthew Louden

I am using .NET framework 1.1. So there is no service pack for framework
1.1?

Thanks

"David Veale" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Which version of the .Net Framework are you trying to apply the service

pack
> to? That service pack is for .Net 1.0. The current version of the .Net
> framework is 1.1.
>

> "Matthew Louden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > My computer has .NET framework installed, and I attempted to install

..NET
> > framework service pack 2 but failed. Here's the error dialog box from
> > Windows Installer:
> >
> > The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service
> > because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch

> may
> > update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be
> > upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade
> > patch.
> >
> > I have no ideas whats going on, please help!!

Thomas Scheidegger [MVP]

> I am using .NET framework 1.1.
> So there is no service pack for framework 1.1?

not yet

--
Thomas Scheidegger - MVP .NET - 'NETMaster'
http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_dotnet.html - http://dnetmaster.net/