Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > MP3 SNIPPETS

MP3 SNIPPETS

MICHAEL WASHINGTON

Does anyone know how can one take a mp3 file and convert it into a 30 second
snippet or sample file that one can click and listen to on a website? In
other words, if a song is about 5 minutes in duration, I want to be able to
convert it to a mp3 file that is 30 to 60 seconds in duration that someone
can click on a website to listen to a sample of it. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Toolman Tim

MICHAEL WASHINGTON wrote:
> Does anyone know how can one take a mp3 file and convert it into a 30
> second snippet or sample file that one can click and listen to on a
> website? In other words, if a song is about 5 minutes in duration, I
> want to be able to convert it to a mp3 file that is 30 to 60 seconds
> in duration that someone can click on a website to listen to a sample
> of it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.ht...itter&tg=dl-20

EL Echad

have you got nero? Nero got this handy utility call nero wave editor.
this is just a tip. If you want the file size to be smaller than mp3 but
better quality than mp3 use ogg ovbis. it's much smaller in size and better
quality then wma even.

"MICHAEL WASHINGTON" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsgaxc.55945$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know how can one take a mp3 file and convert it into a 30

second
> snippet or sample file that one can click and listen to on a website? In
> other words, if a song is about 5 minutes in duration, I want to be able

> convert it to a mp3 file that is 30 to 60 seconds in duration that someone
> can click on a website to listen to a sample of it. Any suggestions would

be
> appreciated.

Unk

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 03:20:53 GMT, "MICHAEL WASHINGTON"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does anyone know how can one take a mp3 file and convert it into a 30 second
>snippet or sample file that one can click and listen to on a website? In
>other words, if a song is about 5 minutes in duration, I want to be able to
>convert it to a mp3 file that is 30 to 60 seconds in duration that someone
>can click on a website to listen to a sample of it. Any suggestions would be
>appreciated.

Audacity sound editor (Freeware).
Open the mp3 file with this program and cut out the portion you want to make
the sample out of.. This is quite a comprehensive program considering that
it's free. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

°Mike°

CDEx
http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/

Audacity
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 03:20:53 GMT, in
<pgaxc.55945$(E-Mail Removed)>
MICHAEL WASHINGTON scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

ProfGene

Cooledit pro can upload it into its wave viewer where you can edit it any
way you want and save it then convert it back to mp3 and if you had the full
version you could save it as an mp3.
"MICHAEL WASHINGTON" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsgaxc.55945$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know how can one take a mp3 file and convert it into a 30

second
> snippet or sample file that one can click and listen to on a website? In
> other words, if a song is about 5 minutes in duration, I want to be able

> convert it to a mp3 file that is 30 to 60 seconds in duration that someone
> can click on a website to listen to a sample of it. Any suggestions would

be
> appreciated.

wise man

Please download Audio Splitter Convertor.
It may help you.
You can download from:
http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/...-1-2-166.shtml
or
from their Site:
http://www.coolextractor.com/
It can
1.It can split one Audio File (Mp3 ,Wav ,WMA ,Ogg) into smaller Audio
files(MP3,Wav ,WMA,Ogg).
2.It can can convert to all supported formats and you can switch
between formats in one click!
3.It can convert Mp3 ,Wav ,WMA ,Ogg from one format to another
4.Allow for changing the property of the MP3 Wav, Ogg, Wma(such as
Sample Rate,Bit Rate). CBR (constant bitrate) and two types of
variable bitrate, VBR and ABR.
5.converts mp3,wma,Ogg into CD quality format wave files ready to
burn.
6.Visually define the time you want to split at by using slider bar.
7.Allows for playing from the time before adding it into the splitting
list.
8Allows for previewing each section before doing the real splitting.
9.Registered users receive free upgrades and support for life.
10.Audio format conversion executes directly without any temporary
files, and thus enables high converting speed and economy of hard disk
resource.
11.You can change bitrate , sample rate, stereo modes and other
settings;