Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > USB 2 device connecting as USB 1

USB 2 device connecting as USB 1

Bishoop

I use a large USB connected HDD for backup images.

If I connect it while WinXP is up and running it connects as a USB 1 device.
If I reboot it connects properly as a USB 2 device.

This is a Soyo KT600 mobo with a VIA chipset.

Is there anyway to force a USB 2 connection without rebooting?

Thanks.....