Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > can't connect to socket

can't connect to socket

Jamfreak

I don't know if the 2 problems are connected but I made a repair
installation on my Windows XP laptop recently and used the XP CD Rom from a
different computer. Everything worked fine besides my internet connection
got all screwed up.
Now everytime I start a connection it tells me that I'm connected but I
can't receive any data. Also some of my internet applications (smtp-server,
messenger...) get an error message that they unable to connect to the
socket.
What does that mean and where do I have to start looking for my
socket??????
Please someone point me in the right direction...

°Mike°

When asking for help, please give EXACT error messages;
do not interpret them, copy/paste them word-for-word.

On 7 Jun 2004 00:41:45 GMT, in
<Xns9500BE2EA3534volkmenearthlinknet@130.133.1.4 >
Jamfreak scrawled:

--