Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to make Real Player as default player

How to make Real Player as default player

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Hi,

Sometimes I get Media Player playing and the other times the Real
Player. If I want the Real Player to be the default player, what shall
I do? Or leave them as it is.

Rajinder

Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

"Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fuBwc.18$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Sometimes I get Media Player playing and the other times the Real
> Player. If I want the Real Player to be the default player, what shall
> I do? Or leave them as it is.
>
> Rajinder

Open media player
Click tools - options
click the file types tab
remove the ticks from the files you want real player to open.
Click apply then click ok.
Exit media player

I don't have real player, but they are pretty much all the same
Look in the menus for either preferences or options.
Find the file association section then remove ticks from the ones you want
real player to open, then click apply.
Put the ticks back in the ones you want real player to open then click apply
then click ok.
Hopefully it should solve ur problem

Gaz

ProfGene

You can make it the default for certain files by rightclicking on the files
and say to open with Real Player. Usually when you install a program like
Real Player it will prompt you to make it the default player for all related
files but now you can choose what files you want it to default to and say
"open with Real Player" for each of these files.