Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > NNTP Server Tests

NNTP Server Tests

Gameface

Can I find a site that does NNTP speed tests for ISP's ?

I aint sure if this is possible (im not expert) - I only as Pipex's NNTP
servers are beyond a joke - my post isn't displaying almost 6hrs!!!

Pipex are a great ISP, but the probably have the worst NNTP servers I've
ever come across. (even freeserve newservers was better than this)

Blinky the Shark

Gameface wrote:

> Can I find a site that does NNTP speed tests for ISP's ?

> I aint sure if this is possible (im not expert) - I only as Pipex's NNTP
> servers are beyond a joke - my post isn't displaying almost 6hrs!!!

> Pipex are a great ISP, but the probably have the worst NNTP servers I've
> ever come across. (even freeserve newservers was better than this)

So why do you use Pipex servers?

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary

Gameface

What other free ones are there?
if you know of any better free ones please tell us
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Gameface wrote:
>
> > Can I find a site that does NNTP speed tests for ISP's ?

> > I aint sure if this is possible (im not expert) - I only as Pipex's NNTP
> > servers are beyond a joke - my post isn't displaying almost 6hrs!!!

> > Pipex are a great ISP, but the probably have the worst NNTP servers I've
> > ever come across. (even freeserve newservers was better than this)

> So why do you use Pipex servers?
>
> --
> Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
> AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary
> Nigerian Scam From Space http://snipurl.com/iss419
> New Windows - Don't Wait For Longhorn! http://snipurl.com/newwin

Boomer

"Gameface" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> What other free ones are there?
> if you know of any better free ones please tell us

>> Gameface wrote:
>>
>> > Can I find a site that does NNTP speed tests for ISP's ?

>> > I aint sure if this is possible (im not expert) - I only as
>> > Pipex's NNTP servers are beyond a joke - my post isn't
>> > displaying almost 6hrs!!!

>> > Pipex are a great ISP, but the probably have the worst NNTP
>> > servers I've ever come across. (even freeserve newservers was
>> > better than this)

>> So why do you use Pipex servers?

Hi

You can read through this group if you are looking for free news
servers. alt.free.newsservers

A good one (text only) is http://news.individual.net/.

HTH

--
Google is your friend.

Gameface

Thanks Boomer,

I'll check that link out
news:40c34d74$0$56676$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net...
> "Gameface" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > What other free ones are there?
> > if you know of any better free ones please tell us

> >> So why do you use Pipex servers?

> Hi
>
> You can read through this group if you are looking for free news
> servers. alt.free.newsservers
>
> A good one (text only) is http://news.individual.net/.
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Google is your friend.

Boomer

"Gameface" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Thanks Boomer,
>
> I'll check that link out

> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> "Gameface" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> > What other free ones are there?
>> > if you know of any better free ones please tell us

[snip]
>> Hi
>>
>> You can read through this group if you are looking for free news
>> servers. alt.free.newsservers
>>
>> A good one (text only) is http://news.individual.net/.
>>
>> HTH

You're welcome.

Blinky the Shark

Gameface wrote:

[that he's apparently using a crappy ISP feed because he doesn't know
what else to do...]

> What other free ones are there?
> if you know of any better free ones please tell us

Boomer just did.

My primary feed costs something like US$3.25 a month. That's pretty
close to free, also. (US: newsguy.com)

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary

Gameface

thnx for the help guys
apologise for my delay in respose - cos of the slow NNTP server of
course -i'll give the link ago soon.
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...