Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Computer problems please please please help

Nick

Could anyone help me the full steps i need to take installing hdd from
scratch even os.
i read this on some forum saying after installin Win Xp
Install Service Pack 1a soon after OS
Install USB drivers Q822603
Install chipset drivers before any video or sound drivers
Install LAN drivers
Install DirectX9.0b before video drivers
Install video drivers
Install sound drivers
Install LAN utility software if needed

Well my situation is I'm using Asus P4PE i845PE chipset P4 2.4G 533FSB. 512
DDR333 Ram, Leadtek Ti4800se.I got two ide hdd but they're not in Raid
array. WD 80GB is in primary and Seagate is Secondary. I use seagate hdd as
my backup hdd with all the downloads etc. so it doesn't get formated only WD
get formated and now i've
reinstalled Win Xp pro do i still need to install intel inf utility and
intel application accelerator? the reason why i ask this is because in Asus
installation CD those two softwares are present and i taught i might need to
install them but my computer has always been unstable. and i read somewhere
that intel inf utility doesn't need to be installed if using xp on i845
chipsets since xp already support i845 chipsets. So right now I'm very
confused. This would be like my 10th times formatting my pc and reinstalling
everything over 2 years. I'm so sick and tired of it if you know my agany.
so Please help me out if your kind enough because sometimes my post were
unanswered. I dont know much about computers and i'm a newb and i really
wants to learn from a professional and i admire them for their efforts.

Thank you