Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > microsoft wireless desktop elite keyboard

microsoft wireless desktop elite keyboard

viv

Hi
I have recently installed the above keyboard, and I cannot use all the
features, after reading the help file it said to go to control click on
keyboard and make sure it says the right keyboard,.I did this and I think
its wrong but there again I am not to sure this is what it says

standard.101/102/or/microsoft.natural p.
Device type/ keyboard
manufacturer / standard keyboards
location / plugged into keyboard port
my system is windows xp home
Any help would be wonderful thanks

Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

"viv" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c9qmav$fvn$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I have recently installed the above keyboard, and I cannot use all the
> features, after reading the help file it said to go to control click on
> keyboard and make sure it says the right keyboard,.I did this and I think
> its wrong but there again I am not to sure this is what it says
>
> standard.101/102/or/microsoft.natural p.
> Device type/ keyboard
> manufacturer / standard keyboards
> location / plugged into keyboard port
> my system is windows xp home
> Any help would be wonderful thanks

Have you installed the software that came with the keyboard?

Dan

"Gareth not NLL or anybody else." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "viv" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c9qmav$fvn$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> > I have recently installed the above keyboard, and I cannot use all the
> > features, after reading the help file it said to go to control click on
> > keyboard and make sure it says the right keyboard,.I did this and I

think
> > its wrong but there again I am not to sure this is what it says
> >
> > standard.101/102/or/microsoft.natural p.
> > Device type/ keyboard
> > manufacturer / standard keyboards
> > location / plugged into keyboard port
> > my system is windows xp home
> > Any help would be wonderful thanks
> >

> Have you installed the software that came with the keyboard?

MOST LIKELY YOU HAVE A BAD KEYBOARD. I HAVE THREE OF THE KEYBOARD MOUSE
DUOS AND I ALSO HAD A BAD ONE. I EXCHANGED IT, AND THE NEW ONE WORKED
GREAT. BUT ALSO MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL THE SOFTWARE THAT COMES WITH IT. THE
MOUSE AND KEYBOARD SOFTWARE. THE MOUSE SOFTWARE WATCHES TEH BATTERY LEVELS.

viv

yes I have and quite a lot of it is working. thanks for taking the interest.
"Gareth not NLL or anybody else." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "viv" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c9qmav$fvn$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> > I have recently installed the above keyboard, and I cannot use all the
> > features, after reading the help file it said to go to control click on
> > keyboard and make sure it says the right keyboard,.I did this and I

think
> > its wrong but there again I am not to sure this is what it says
> >
> > standard.101/102/or/microsoft.natural p.
> > Device type/ keyboard
> > manufacturer / standard keyboards
> > location / plugged into keyboard port
> > my system is windows xp home
> > Any help would be wonderful thanks
> >

> Have you installed the software that came with the keyboard?

John Holmes

NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

Dan came up with this:

> "Gareth not NLL or anybody else." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "viv" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:c9qmav$fvn$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi
>> > I have recently installed the above keyboard, and I cannot use all
>> > the features, after reading the help file it said to go to control
>> > click on keyboard and make sure it says the right keyboard,.I did
>> > this and I

> think
>> > its wrong but there again I am not to sure this is what it says
>> >
>> > standard.101/102/or/microsoft.natural p.
>> > Device type/ keyboard
>> > manufacturer / standard keyboards
>> > location / plugged into keyboard port
>> > my system is windows xp home
>> > Any help would be wonderful thanks
>> >

>> Have you installed the software that came with the keyboard?
>>

> MOST LIKELY YOU HAVE A BAD KEYBOARD. I HAVE THREE OF THE KEYBOARD
> MOUSE DUOS AND I ALSO HAD A BAD ONE. I EXCHANGED IT, AND THE NEW ONE
> WORKED GREAT. BUT ALSO MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL THE SOFTWARE THAT COMES
> WITH IT. THE MOUSE AND KEYBOARD SOFTWARE. THE MOUSE SOFTWARE WATCHES
> TEH BATTERY LEVELS.

The one and only who's got a bad keyboard is you.

Errmm, I meant:

The one and only bad who's got a keyboard is you.

--
-John Holmes-

"It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."

Unk

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 21:33:38 +0100, "viv" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi
>I have recently installed the above keyboard, and I cannot use all the
>features, after reading the help file it said to go to control click on
>keyboard and make sure it says the right keyboard,.I did this and I think
>its wrong but there again I am not to sure this is what it says
>
>standard.101/102/or/microsoft.natural p.
>Device type/ keyboard
>manufacturer / standard keyboards
>location / plugged into keyboard port
>my system is windows xp home
>Any help would be wonderful thanks

There should be 4 tabs. Speed, Hardware, Key Settings, and Wireless.
If you don't have all four tabs, make sure you also installed the wireless
mouse software. (BTW, Your "Hardware" setting is correct)

On the "Key Settings" tab, alongside the phrase, "Wireless Multimedia
Keyboard" is the word, "Update...". Clicking that allows you to select your
keyboard type. The model number is in the bottom of the keyboard. (Example:
"Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard 1.0a"