Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > All about me.......

All about me.......

Jane Grant

Hi my names Dwayne Smith. My email: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

live in bristol

want friends in the usa

joevan

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 14:17:45 +0100, "Jane Grant"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi my names Dwayne Smith. My email: (E-Mail Removed)
>
>live in bristol
>
>want friends in the usa

How can we help you. This is a help group. The personals is the next
aisle over.
joevan

DC

Jane Grant wrote:
> Hi my names Dwayne Smith. My email: (E-Mail Removed)

> live in bristol

> want friends in the usa

How about getting some Canadian friends instead?

Bonus: we're unarmed. }:O)

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Free your mind, and your OS will follow...

gangle

"joevan" wrote

wrote:

> >Hi my names Dwayne Smith. My email: (E-Mail Removed)
> >
> >live in bristol
> >
> >want friends in the usa
> >

> How can we help you. This is a help group. The personals is the next
> aisle over.

You appear to misunderstand this NG's purpose, as it has long
been established that it has no specific, finite purpose. I personally
thought the OP's post rather naive and paints him as a newbie -- and
it will likely subject him to spam -- but that does not mean it was
misplaced as a post to this NG. For the sake of argument, even if
one were to accept the (incorrect) notion that this is a "help" NG,
the OP's attempt to acquire US friends could easily be interpreted
as a way of requesting help.

joevan

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 08:23:43 -0700, "gangle" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"joevan" wrote
>> On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 14:17:45 +0100, "Jane Grant"

>wrote:
>>
>> >Hi my names Dwayne Smith. My email: (E-Mail Removed)
>> >
>> >live in bristol
>> >
>> >want friends in the usa
>> >

>> How can we help you. This is a help group. The personals is the next
>> aisle over.

>You appear to misunderstand this NG's purpose, as it has long
>been established that it has no specific, finite purpose. I personally
>thought the OP's post rather naive and paints him as a newbie -- and
>it will likely subject him to spam -- but that does not mean it was
>misplaced as a post to this NG. For the sake of argument, even if
>one were to accept the (incorrect) notion that this is a "help" NG,
>the OP's attempt to acquire US friends could easily be interpreted
>as a way of requesting help.

If you read my post again (just above your response) I asked how could
we help. I never suggested they not ask here.
joevan

Stickems

I concur.

"gangle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "joevan" wrote
> > On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 14:17:45 +0100, "Jane Grant"

> wrote:
> >
> > >Hi my names Dwayne Smith. My email: (E-Mail Removed)
> > >
> > >live in bristol
> > >
> > >want friends in the usa
> > >

> > How can we help you. This is a help group. The personals is the next
> > aisle over.

> You appear to misunderstand this NG's purpose, as it has long
> been established that it has no specific, finite purpose. I personally
> thought the OP's post rather naive and paints him as a newbie -- and
> it will likely subject him to spam -- but that does not mean it was
> misplaced as a post to this NG. For the sake of argument, even if
> one were to accept the (incorrect) notion that this is a "help" NG,
> the OP's attempt to acquire US friends could easily be interpreted
> as a way of requesting help.

gangle

"joevan" wrote
> On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 08:23:43 -0700, "gangle" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >"joevan" wrote

> >> How can we help you. This is a help group. The personals is the next
> >> aisle over.

> >You appear to misunderstand this NG's purpose, as it has long
> >been established that it has no specific, finite purpose. I personally
> >thought the OP's post rather naive and paints him as a newbie -- and
> >it will likely subject him to spam -- but that does not mean it was
> >misplaced as a post to this NG. For the sake of argument, even if
> >one were to accept the (incorrect) notion that this is a "help" NG,
> >the OP's attempt to acquire US friends could easily be interpreted
> >as a way of requesting help.
> >

> If you read my post again (just above your response) I asked how could
> we help. I never suggested they not ask here.

Ah, but you did, whether you consciously did so or not. YOU read
your post again -- I was not criticizing you willy-nilly or twisting
your words. You said: "This is a help group." That sentence is short,
definitive, and unambiguous -- which prompted my response. Also,
your statement: "The personals is the next aisle over," easily can be
construed to suggest that the OP's post belonged in some other NG.

slylittlei

A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
arboreal in it's habits: Jane Grant said...
> Hi my names Dwayne Smith. My email:

<snip>
> live in bristol
>
> want friends in the usa

Bristol's not /that/ bad!
If it's any consolation you'll shortly get emails from all over the world

ImhoTech

"DC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Jane Grant wrote:
> > Hi my names Dwayne Smith. My email: (E-Mail Removed)

> > live in bristol

> > want friends in the usa

> How about getting some Canadian friends instead?
>
> Bonus: we're unarmed. }:O)
>
> --

Ah - easy kills then..cool..

doS