Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problem with networked computers

Problem with networked computers

joevan

I know, ME is the pits! However I have had two computers networked
both on ME for a number of years. Recently when I connect, I can see
everything on both computers but too many times the old unit
downstairs stops responding when I try to copy past. It is a 166 meg
and is just mostly for backups.
I want to change the setting on that machine for my xp machine.
I guess I have to make changes so I can have the xp machine connect to
the old ME machine. ??
joevan

Brian

"joevan" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I know, ME is the pits! However I have had two computers networked
> both on ME for a number of years. Recently when I connect, I can see
> everything on both computers but too many times the old unit
> downstairs stops responding when I try to copy past. It is a 166 meg
> and is just mostly for backups.
> I want to change the setting on that machine for my xp machine.
> I guess I have to make changes so I can have the xp machine connect to
> the old ME machine. ??
> joevan

yes xp can see me

is it coming up with the message "network adress no longer avaliable? are
both maschines in the same workgroup?