Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > No Windows Sound recorder

No Windows Sound recorder

Rich

Hi

I am using Windows XP Pro and went to use Sound Recorder the other day, but
it wasnt there. So after a bit of searching I have read you need to install
it from a stadard install. Off to Add/remove programs and windows programs
and I cant find it amoungst any of the options at all.

Any help would be excellent, even if it is down to a link to the files to do
a manual install.

I am aware it isnt a very good program, but it does the trick for what I
need

Cheers

Rich

---

Ionizer

"Rich" <(E-Mail Removed) k> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am using Windows XP Pro and went to use Sound Recorder the other day,

but
> it wasnt there. So after a bit of searching I have read you need to

install
> it from a stadard install. Off to Add/remove programs and windows

programs
> and I cant find it amoungst any of the options at all.
>
> Any help would be excellent, even if it is down to a link to the files

to do
> a manual install.
>
> I am aware it isnt a very good program, but it does the trick for what I
> need

http://www.computerhope.com/software/soundrec.htm

Or consider this freeware alternative, which does not have the 60-second
limitation, and will record to mp3 as well as to wav:
http://stepvoice.com/

Regards,
Ian.

Brian

"Rich" <(E-Mail Removed) k> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:n1Bvc.193$BT1.190@newsfe1-win...
> Hi
>
> I am using Windows XP Pro and went to use Sound Recorder the other day,

but
> it wasnt there. So after a bit of searching I have read you need to

install
> it from a stadard install. Off to Add/remove programs and windows programs
> and I cant find it amoungst any of the options at all.
>
> Any help would be excellent, even if it is down to a link to the files to

do
> a manual install.
>
> I am aware it isnt a very good program, but it does the trick for what I
> need
>
> Cheers
>
> Rich
>

> ---

if you really just want the windows sound recorder i can mail it to you.. or
maybe you are just missing the short cut... well here is the path..
WINDOWS\sytem32\sndrec.exe have a search for that and make yourself a short
cut

Brian

"Rich" <(E-Mail Removed) k> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:n1Bvc.193$BT1.190@newsfe1-win...
> Hi
>
> I am using Windows XP Pro and went to use Sound Recorder the other day,

but
> it wasnt there. So after a bit of searching I have read you need to

install
> it from a stadard install. Off to Add/remove programs and windows programs
> and I cant find it amoungst any of the options at all.
>
> Any help would be excellent, even if it is down to a link to the files to

do
> a manual install.
>
> I am aware it isnt a very good program, but it does the trick for what I
> need
>
> Cheers
>
> Rich
>

> ---

ooops the exe is called sndrec32.exe not sndrec.exe

Rich

Thanks

Most bizarre is I did a search for that file and it was there. I am sure I
had checked all the .exe in the system32 folder but obviously not

Made a shortcut and now all sorted,

Cheers

Rich

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Rich" <(E-Mail Removed) k> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:n1Bvc.193$BT1.190@newsfe1-win...
> > Hi
> >
> > I am using Windows XP Pro and went to use Sound Recorder the other day,

> but
> > it wasnt there. So after a bit of searching I have read you need to

> install
> > it from a stadard install. Off to Add/remove programs and windows

programs
> > and I cant find it amoungst any of the options at all.
> >
> > Any help would be excellent, even if it is down to a link to the files

> do
> > a manual install.
> >
> > I am aware it isnt a very good program, but it does the trick for what I
> > need
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Rich
> >

> > ---
> >

> ooops the exe is called sndrec32.exe not sndrec.exe

---

cherub cherub is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
"Rich" <(E-Mail Removed) k> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:n1Bvc.193$BT1.190@newsfe1-win...
> Hi
>
> I am using Windows XP Pro and went to use Sound Recorder the other day,

but
> it wasnt there. So after a bit of searching I have read you need to

install
> it from a stadard install. Off to Add/remove programs and windows programs
> and I cant find it amoungst any of the options at all.
>
> Any help would be excellent, even if it is down to a link to the files to

do
> a manual install.
>
> I am aware it isnt a very good program, but it does the trick for what I
> need
>
> Cheers
>
> Rich
>

> ---

if you really just want the windows sound recorder i can mail it to you.. or
maybe you are just missing the short cut... well here is the path..
WINDOWS\sytem32\sndrec.exe have a search for that and make yourself a short
cut
would yo be nice enough to email the sound recorder to me, beacause i cant open the file you typed. thanx