Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > If I can hear it thru my speakers/headphones can I record it line out?

If I can hear it thru my speakers/headphones can I record it line out?

O.Phooey

I get to listen to some fantastic Brasilian jazz from a radio station
out of brasil using WMP. Is thereb anyway I can keep/tape/record this
music using a line out from my sound card? Not sure if I could even
buy this stuff locally. My sound card is SB value. If this
patently/blatantly illegal I apologize.

°Mike°

GoldWave
http://www.goldwave.com/

TotalRecall
http://www.relaxingsoftware.com/Recall/home.htm

On 2 Jun 2004 15:48:20 -0700, in
<(E-Mail Removed) >
O.Phooey scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Jon Cooper

"O.Phooey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I get to listen to some fantastic Brasilian jazz from a radio station
> out of brasil using WMP. Is thereb anyway I can keep/tape/record this
> music using a line out from my sound card? Not sure if I could even
> buy this stuff locally. My sound card is SB value. If this
> patently/blatantly illegal I apologize.

http://www.ratajik.com/StationRipper/

This might help, and it's free!!1...........J.

ProfGene

The recording industry when tape recorders first came out decided that there
was no way to stop people from taping music from the radio so it is not
illega. You can run a stereo eight inch cord from your audio out to two RCA
plugs into your tape deck in and record onto cassette tape. In order to
monitor the sound from your computer you would need a stereo eighth inch
splitter and send your regular line to the speakers and the other to the
tape deck or you could monitor from the tape deck.