Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Appending to the path statement

Appending to the path statement

TinCanMan

I need to append a string the existing system (machine) path variable
from within a batch file. Set and setx don't seem to work don't work
because they work with the user path or are only active from within
that shell. I tried using setenv and that didn't work although the
help file implies you can do that. It errored out when enclosing the
existing ath in % signs and ignored enclosing them in quotes. Any
suggestions?

°Mike°

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/h...oc/en/path.asp

On 2 Jun 2004 10:34:20 -0700, in