Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Yahoo Messenger installs extras even when select no

Yahoo Messenger installs extras even when select no

Michael

Just used the active install for the Yahoo! Messenger v.6.0.0.1643 Final and
selected a custom install with just messenger and none of the other things
such as browser toolbar companion and spyware tool and a host of other
things. The messenger component installed and the installer said it was
downloading more messenger parts and then SpyBot TeaTimer warned it was
trying to install the browser toolbar anyway. I crashed out of the install
at that point to avoid further crap installing and messenger seems fine.
Providing the opt out for the extras and then trying to stealth install them
anyway makes Yahoo a bunch of slimy bastards. Yahoo messenger is gone and so
now is my yahoo mail account. They are just too wrong thinking.

--
Regards

Keith

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 07:17:57 +0100, Michael wrote:

> Just used the active install for the Yahoo! Messenger v.6.0.0.1643 Final and
> selected a custom install with just messenger and none of the other things
> such as browser toolbar companion and spyware tool and a host of other
> things. The messenger component installed and the installer said it was
> downloading more messenger parts and then SpyBot TeaTimer warned it was
> trying to install the browser toolbar anyway. I crashed out of the install
> at that point to avoid further crap installing and messenger seems fine.
> Providing the opt out for the extras and then trying to stealth install them
> anyway makes Yahoo a bunch of slimy bastards. Yahoo messenger is gone and so
> now is my yahoo mail account. They are just too wrong thinking.

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. We are the Yahoo!

--
Best Regards, Keith
http://kilowatt-radio.org/ NW Oregon Radio Page

Scrote

>> Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. We are the Yahoo!

lol
--
I formed a new group called Alcoholics-Unanimous. If you don't feel
like a drink, you ring another member and he comes over to persuade