Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Bootable disk in ME

Bootable disk in ME

John Bahran

I am using sys.com to make a bootable disk in ME, but it tells me I am using
too many parameters. I am using c:>sys c: a:
Please help. Thanks.

PJB

"John Bahran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I am using sys.com to make a bootable disk in ME, but it

tells me I am using
> too many parameters. I am using c:>sys c: a:
> Please help. Thanks.

just use sys c: or sys a: depending on where you want the
system files to go

P.

Blinky the Shark

John Bahran wrote:

> I am using sys.com to make a bootable disk in ME, but it tells me I am using
> too many parameters. I am using c:>sys c: a:
> Please help. Thanks.

Does this still work (in ME)?

format :c /sys

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary

°Mike°

How to Create a Startup Disk in Windows Me
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=267287

On 1 Jun 2004 13:30:48 -0700, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
John Bahran scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Ron Martell

Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>John Bahran wrote:
>
>> I am using sys.com to make a bootable disk in ME, but it tells me I am using
>> too many parameters. I am using c:>sys c: a:
>> Please help. Thanks.

>Does this still work (in ME)?
>
>format :c /sys

No. But then it never did.

Format c: /s works, just like it always did.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

Blinky the Shark

Ron Martell wrote:

> Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>John Bahran wrote:

>>> I am using sys.com to make a bootable disk in ME, but it tells me I am using
>>> too many parameters. I am using c:>sys c: a:
>>> Please help. Thanks.

>>Does this still work (in ME)?

>>format :c /sys

> No. But then it never did.

> Format c: /s works, just like it always did.

I was pretty close for a penguin, though.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary

Toolman Tim

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Ron Martell wrote:
>
> > Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

using

> >>Does this still work (in ME)?

> >>format :c /sys

> > No. But then it never did.

> > Format c: /s works, just like it always did.

> I was pretty close for a penguin, though.

Syntax Sucks!