Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Missing options in 'View/Choose Details'

Missing options in 'View/Choose Details'

iampeteclayton@hotmail.com

Hi,

I'm not seeing the usual details for a range of filetypes. E.g: Jpegs don't
show Date Picture Taken or Picture Size. MP3 details are also missing.

I should be able to switch this on via the View/Choose Details menu item in
XP, but the list of options I can see is a very short one, comprising only
6 items. I should, of course, see over 30 possible settings.

Does anyone know where they might have gone (and how do I get them back)???

TIA
Pete

Toolman Tim

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm not seeing the usual details for a range of filetypes. E.g: Jpegs

don't
> show Date Picture Taken or Picture Size. MP3 details are also missing.
>
> I should be able to switch this on via the View/Choose Details menu item

in
> XP, but the list of options I can see is a very short one, comprising only
> 6 items. I should, of course, see over 30 possible settings.
>
> Does anyone know where they might have gone (and how do I get them

back)???

> TIA
> Pete

Pete, I believe for those "extra" details to show, your pics have to be in a
"pictures" folder, not just a standard folder. Same with MP3's. Check in the
"My Pictures" folder, and in the "My Music" folder, and see if your extra
details are showing there.

And if you have a pictures folder *not* in My Pictures, and you want these
details, right-click on the folder, select "Properties", and then the
"Customize" tab. Set your template according to the type of files in the
folder (i.e., same with music, videos, etc.)

Also, I think if you have "mixed" content, the extra details may be
disabled, or will only show for what was put in the folder first.