Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Road Runner cut-off

Road Runner cut-off

Robert Huebner

I have received no e-mail for 2 weeks. This is not
the usual situation.
Also, a menue keeps poping up with some kind of error
message telling me Road Runner has timed out. I doubt
whether any of my e-mail notes have gone out.
Please help;

Robert Huebner

7420 Eaton Lane
Greendale, Wi 53129

°Mike°

Oh, boy, where *do* they come from?

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:31:40 GMT, in
<BCE20B1B.29D9%(E-Mail Removed)>
Robert Huebner scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

-Lone_Wolf-

Robert Huebner wrote:
> I have received no e-mail for 2 weeks. This is not
> the usual situation.
> Also, a menue keeps poping up with some kind of error
> message telling me Road Runner has timed out. I doubt
> whether any of my e-mail notes have gone out.
> Please help;

Dear Sir

The Roadrunner is gone, after 35 years of trying to get this annoying bird I
have finally succeeded!

Regards

Wile E. Coyote

2 weeks and you have not contacted your ISP to confirm your settings?

Many years ago my ISP used to allow "Mail" as the server name. Somewhere
along the way they changed this so you had to have the correct server name
locally... unfortunately they did not tell anybody before the change was
made.

anthonyberet

In Usenet post: (E-Mail Removed),
°Mike° went on and on and on:
> Oh, boy, where *do* they come from?

Wisconsin?

DT

, Once upon a time in a land far away Robert Huebner was alleged to have
said:

> I have received no e-mail for 2 weeks. This is not
> the usual situation.
> Also, a menue keeps poping up with some kind of error
> message telling me Road Runner has timed out. I doubt
> whether any of my e-mail notes have gone out.
> Please help;
>
> Robert Huebner
>
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> 7420 Eaton Lane
> Greendale, Wi 53129
>

> 414-421-4896

I would highly recommend not posting your clear email address or your
address & phone number in an open newsgroup. You are asking to be
spammed to death (assuming you get your mail working).

I would suggest you contact Roadrunner tech support. They should be able
to quickly walk you through a solution to your problem. Best guess is
that you have the mailserver entered incorrectly. Since outgoing &
incoming mail are generally handled by different servers your outgoing
mail could very well be working properly.

Pix 501-Road Runner Cable bgt Cisco 1 04-26-2004 05:54 PM
Really stumped on router connected to time warner road runner internet Eugene Cisco 4 04-26-2004 01:50 AM
can anyone tell me why i'm having problems with road runner Computer Support 4 12-19-2003 02:28 AM
E-Mail Bouncing Back From Road Runner NonSuch Computer Support 5 11-30-2003 08:50 PM
E.mail address problems with Road Runner Christine Moore Computer Support 1 07-05-2003 05:27 AM

Advertisments