Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > System Restore.

System Restore.

Qintin

I use a Compaq Presario 1200.

For some reason the system restore does not work. When I look for restore
points in May by clicking on a '<' button to go into May, nothing happens.

Any ideas? TIA.

°Mike°

Disable system restore, to flush the cache, and
start from scratch. How anybody can give you
a sensible answer from the scant information is
beyond me.

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 16:03:47 +0100, in
<c9i5u0$8b4$(E-Mail Removed)>
Qintin scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Trent SC

> I use a Compaq Presario 1200.
>
> For some reason the system restore does not work. When I look for restore
> points in May by clicking on a '<' button to go into May, nothing happens.
>
> Any ideas? TIA.

Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore,
then System Restore Settings. It may be that you have too little space
allocated to System Restore to enable it to keep more than one or two System
Restore Points.

Unknown

If it doesn't go to May you have no restore points in May.
"Qintin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c9i5u0$8b4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I use a Compaq Presario 1200.
>
> For some reason the system restore does not work. When I look for restore
> points in May by clicking on a '<' button to go into May, nothing happens.
>
> Any ideas? TIA.

tigercat

are you certain this feature is enabled on your system?

"Qintin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c9i5u0$8b4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I use a Compaq Presario 1200.
>
> For some reason the system restore does not work. When I look for restore
> points in May by clicking on a '<' button to go into May, nothing happens.
>
> Any ideas? TIA.

Qintin

Pretty sure it is. In control panel > system > performance it has plenty of
hard drive space.

"tigercat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> are you certain this feature is enabled on your system?
>

> "Qintin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c9i5u0$8b4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I use a Compaq Presario 1200.
> >
> > For some reason the system restore does not work. When I look for

restore
> > points in May by clicking on a '<' button to go into May, nothing

happens.

> > Any ideas? TIA.

Unknown

What's your OS?
"Qintin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c9ie3e$93v$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Pretty sure it is. In control panel > system > performance it has plenty of
> hard drive space.
>
> "tigercat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > are you certain this feature is enabled on your system?
> >

> > "Qintin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:c9i5u0$8b4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I use a Compaq Presario 1200.
> > >
> > > For some reason the system restore does not work. When I look for

> restore
> > > points in May by clicking on a '<' button to go into May, nothing

> happens.
> > >
> > > Any ideas? TIA.

°Mike°

What has Control Panel / System / Advanced /
Performance got to do with if System Restore is
enabled?

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 18:23:11 +0100, in
<c9ie3e$93v$(E-Mail Removed)>
Qintin scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Qintin

Win ME.

"Unknown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vy3vc.631$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> What's your OS?
> "Qintin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c9ie3e$93v$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Pretty sure it is. In control panel > system > performance it has

plenty of
> > hard drive space.
> >
> > "tigercat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > are you certain this feature is enabled on your system?
> > >

> > > "Qintin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:c9i5u0$8b4$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > restore

> > happens.

Unknown

Try accessories---system tools---system restore.
news:c9iiku$uor$(E-Mail Removed)...