Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cookie file.

Cookie file.

Qintin

Can some one please explain what this cookie file actually shows. Is my IP
address in there somewhere?

BE
nVhoWfP8hL8WQ813JmmI9WuHxXJC4ZA4ABIZrDsRbsDmlr0wgW vSNUcTDsiJaktKNljvzXGi8u/D
MKLxppWDQgAA
mail.lycos.com/
*

°Mike°

Cookies only make sense to the originating site.
If you are worried about security, block cookies.
I use CookiePal:
http://www.kburra.com/cpal.html

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 16:02:40 +0100, in
<c9i5ru$n4n$(E-Mail Removed)>
Qintin scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Trent SC

> Can some one please explain what this cookie file actually shows. Is my
IP
> address in there somewhere?
>
> BE

nVhoWfP8hL8WQ813JmmI9WuHxXJC4ZA4ABIZrDsRbsDmlr0wgW vSNUcTDsiJaktKNljvzXGi8u/D
> MKLxppWDQgAA
> mail.lycos.com/
> 0
> 791930624
> 29675481
> 1306318784
> 29639271
> *

Well, your IP address from the post is 62.137.115.19 - can you see it
anywhere in this cookie?

Qintin

"Trent SC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:V11vc.9699$(E-Mail Removed)9.net...
> > Can some one please explain what this cookie file actually shows. Is my

> IP
> > address in there somewhere?
> >
> > BE

nVhoWfP8hL8WQ813JmmI9WuHxXJC4ZA4ABIZrDsRbsDmlr0wgW vSNUcTDsiJaktKNljvzXGi8u/D
> > MKLxppWDQgAA
> > mail.lycos.com/
> > 0
> > 791930624
> > 29675481
> > 1306318784
> > 29639271
> > *

> Well, your IP address from the post is 62.137.115.19 - can you see it
> anywhere in this cookie?

No, but then this cookie was created at a different time from when I posted
to this NG. I am using dynamic IP.

Blinky the Shark

Trent SC wrote:
>> Can some one please explain what this cookie file actually shows. Is my

> IP
>> address in there somewhere?

>> BE

> nVhoWfP8hL8WQ813JmmI9WuHxXJC4ZA4ABIZrDsRbsDmlr0wgW vSNUcTDsiJaktKNljvzXGi8u/D
>> MKLxppWDQgAA
>> mail.lycos.com/
>> 0
>> 791930624
>> 29675481
>> 1306318784
>> 29639271
>> *

> Well, your IP address from the post is 62.137.115.19 - can you see it
> anywhere in this cookie?

1. He could have a dynamic IP address.

2. It could be encoded.

Try again?

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary

Trent SC

> > > Can some one please explain what this cookie file actually shows. Is
my
> > IP
> > > address in there somewhere?
> > >
> > > BE

nVhoWfP8hL8WQ813JmmI9WuHxXJC4ZA4ABIZrDsRbsDmlr0wgW vSNUcTDsiJaktKNljvzXGi8u/D
> > > MKLxppWDQgAA
> > > mail.lycos.com/
> > > 0
> > > 791930624
> > > 29675481
> > > 1306318784
> > > 29639271
> > > *

> > Well, your IP address from the post is 62.137.115.19 - can you see it
> > anywhere in this cookie?
> >

> No, but then this cookie was created at a different time from when I

posted
> to this NG. I am using dynamic IP.

If your ISP applies dynamic IP assignments, and this is a static cookie,
then why are you worrying about it?

John

In article <c9i5ru$n4n$(E-Mail Removed)>, Qintin
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Can some one please explain what this cookie file actually shows. Is my IP
> address in there somewhere?
>
> BE
> nVhoWfP8hL8WQ813JmmI9WuHxXJC4ZA4ABIZrDsRbsDmlr0wgW vSNUcTDsiJaktKNljvzXGi8u/D
> MKLxppWDQgAA
> mail.lycos.com/
> 0
> 791930624
> 29675481
> 1306318784
> 29639271
> *

Why would a cookie store the IP?
Next time it is read, the IP can be seen plainly.

But cookie contents are not set by standard, but by the programmer who
created the cookie's function. It could be anything, from registration
for a user to 'shopping cart' settings and contents to pages or items
you recently checked on.

You decide only if the cookie is to be used and if it is to be deleted
-- the contents and the way it is used is always hidden from you,
determined by the site's program.