Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't delete shortcut

Can't delete shortcut

Champagne Charlie

I placed a shortcut on my desktop, actually it was a link (url) to a website
but I didn't realise how long the string was! I moved it into a folder where
it still is, but it has a lot of characters and it seems to have no
extension. I right-click on it, but it doesn't give me any options other
than 'print' and 'copy'. I have tried to delete it, but it just won't go.
Windows makes that 'plop' sound, and that's all I get! It won't even move
now. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this 'rogue' file?
TIA.
C.C.

(I use Win XP Pro).

°Mike°

How do I delete an 'undeletable' file
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm#del

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 03:46:57 +0100, in
<03Suc.43327$(E-Mail Removed)>
"Champagne Charlie" <FreeSoft@(SkipTheBrackets)Tiscali.co.uk> scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Champagne Charlie

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I delete an 'undeletable' file
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm#del

Thanks Mike! That done the trick for me!
Cheers.
C.C.

°Mike°

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 20:38:22 +0100, in
<dT4vc.118$(E-Mail Removed)>
"Champagne Charlie" <FreeSoft@(SkipTheBrackets)Tiscali.co.uk> scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> How do I delete an 'undeletable' file
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm#del

>Thanks Mike! That done the trick for me!
>Cheers.
>C.C.

You're welcome.

--