Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Reinstalling XP Pro

Reinstalling XP Pro

OldNick

Further to my previous posts.
After trying everything else suggested I formatted Drive C: (format C: /s)
using my Win98 Startup floppy disk and then started the installation of XP
Pro from the CD. It loaded the files etc. but when it restarted the computer
and started Windows I got that same Stop Error : 0x000000ED
Why am I having this problem with a newly formatted partition??? I can't
understand it!

Ernest

"OldNick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Further to my previous posts.
> After trying everything else suggested I formatted Drive C: (format C: /s)
> using my Win98 Startup floppy disk and then started the installation of XP
> Pro from the CD. It loaded the files etc. but when it restarted the

computer
> and started Windows I got that same Stop Error : 0x000000ED
> Why am I having this problem with a newly formatted partition??? I can't
> understand it!

This here
http://tinyurl.com/38snl
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search

Nick Withers

Thanks, I downloaded an excellent article "Rick Selby's Windows XP Error
Codes"
After reading this I started to check the computer and found that at some
stage I had reversed my IDE cables . The 40 core one was on my H/D and the
80 core on the CD Rom drive. I swapped them over and installed XP Pro with
no hassles! I was so certain about the 80 core cable being on my H/D,
because the new motherboard and Maxtor H/D came with a 80 core cable and was
installed with it a couple of years ago, that I didn't check it!
While installing a second H/D recently for backup files I must have
accidently reversed the cables....but XP still worked.
Thanks for all the assistance I got from this group.

"Ernest" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ws.com...

> "OldNick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Further to my previous posts.
> > After trying everything else suggested I formatted Drive C: (format C:

/s)
> > using my Win98 Startup floppy disk and then started the installation of

XP
> > Pro from the CD. It loaded the files etc. but when it restarted the

> computer
> > and started Windows I got that same Stop Error : 0x000000ED
> > Why am I having this problem with a newly formatted partition??? I can't
> > understand it!

> This here
> http://tinyurl.com/38snl

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search

Toolman Tim

"Nick Withers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks, I downloaded an excellent article "Rick Selby's Windows XP Error
> Codes"
> After reading this I started to check the computer and found that at some
> stage I had reversed my IDE cables . The 40 core one was on my H/D and the
> 80 core on the CD Rom drive. I swapped them over and installed XP Pro with
> no hassles! I was so certain about the 80 core cable being on my H/D,
> because the new motherboard and Maxtor H/D came with a 80 core cable and

was
> installed with it a couple of years ago, that I didn't check it!
> While installing a second H/D recently for backup files I must have
> accidently reversed the cables....but XP still worked.
> Thanks for all the assistance I got from this group.

Oh yeah - that'd do it! Frankly, I'm surprised you got as far as you did!
;o)