Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problem with Outlook Express and Newsgroups

Problem with Outlook Express and Newsgroups

Parko

On Mon, 31 May 2004 11:13:42 +0000, Bigbazza dipped a thumbnail in tar and
wrote:

> Hi...All...I have noticed a problem that is getting
> worse....Lately...Especially tonight...When I am in the various newsgroups I
> inhabit...I click to see the posted message and I get Outlook Express
> popping up with a reply to group E.mail...I have to delete popped up E-mail
> to see the message...I'm sorry..this is the only way to explain as I see
> it......It is very annoying..It has happened occasionally before ..but
> tonight ..it is happening on just about every time I click to see a posted
> message...Does anyone have an explanation for this ? and a solution to
> correct it ?....Thanks....
>
> Bigbazza..Oz

Ok baz, your best bet would be to get a decent newsreader. I use Pan which
is mainly for Linux, but you can get it for Windows. Here's the Pan
homepage so you can check out the details without the hard sell of some
nong trying to flog you something
http://pan.rebelbase.com/
You can get it for Windows here
http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/re....14.2/WINDOWS/
Just remember to install GTK for Windows before you install Pan and you
can't go wrong. I've used a lot of other newsreaders and find Pan work
well for me. Hope this helps.

--
Parko
Registered Linux User #339345

Reid Decker

What OS? If you have XP, go to the help menu, System Restore, set a
Restore Point back to before you had the problem. This usually works.
"Bigbazza" <b.m@no addressforspamreasons.com> wrote in message
news:GrEuc.19767$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi...All...I have noticed a problem that is getting
> worse....Lately...Especially tonight...When I am in the various newsgroups

> inhabit...I click to see the posted message and I get Outlook Express
> popping up with a reply to group E.mail...I have to delete popped up

E-mail
> to see the message...I'm sorry..this is the only way to explain as I see
> it......It is very annoying..It has happened occasionally before ..but
> tonight ..it is happening on just about every time I click to see a posted
> message...Does anyone have an explanation for this ? and a solution to
> correct it ?....Thanks....
>
> Bigbazza..Oz

Unknown

Well isn't dumping it your opinion? How many PC's do you think there are using
OE?
"Avengerę" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 31 May 2004 13:27:20 GMT, "Unknown" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >If you can't answer why do you first give such poor advice? Dump OE? That's
> >idiotic.

> Only in your opinion!!!!
> --
> Avengerę
> "Put the CAT out to reply"
> *I DETEST Spam - A Spam Hater since 1951*

Unknown

This is the most intelligent answer.
news:HTGuc.17905$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> Check your mouse double click speed in the control panel and adjust it. It
> sounds like you are double clicking the message.

> "Bigbazza" <b.m@no addressforspamreasons.com> wrote in message
> news:GrEuc.19767$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi...All...I have noticed a problem that is getting
> > worse....Lately...Especially tonight...When I am in the various newsgroups

> > inhabit...I click to see the posted message and I get Outlook Express
> > popping up with a reply to group E.mail...I have to delete popped up

> E-mail
> > to see the message...I'm sorry..this is the only way to explain as I see
> > it......It is very annoying..It has happened occasionally before ..but
> > tonight ..it is happening on just about every time I click to see a posted
> > message...Does anyone have an explanation for this ? and a solution to
> > correct it ?....Thanks....
> >
> > Bigbazza..Oz

Blinky the Shark

Billions of flies eat ****. Have a nice dinner.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary

Bigbazza

news:HTGuc.17905$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> Check your mouse double click speed in the control panel and adjust it. It
> sounds like you are double clicking the message.

> "Bigbazza" <b.m@no addressforspamreasons.com> wrote in message
> news:GrEuc.19767$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi...All...I have noticed a problem that is getting
> > worse....Lately...Especially tonight...When I am in the various

newsgroups
> > inhabit...I click to see the posted message and I get Outlook Express
> > popping up with a reply to group E.mail...I have to delete popped up

> E-mail
> > to see the message...I'm sorry..this is the only way to explain as I see
> > it......It is very annoying..It has happened occasionally before ..but
> > tonight ..it is happening on just about every time I click to see a

posted
> > message...Does anyone have an explanation for this ? and a solution to
> > correct it ?....Thanks....
> >
> > Bigbazza..Oz

I checked out your suggestion and I didn't find any difference...Thanks
anyway....

Bigbazza..Oz

Bigbazza

news:idIuc.17615$(E-Mail Removed) y.com...

http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
> > Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
> >

> > "Bigbazza" <b.m@no addressforspamreasons.com> wrote in message
> > news:GrEuc.19767$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi...All...I have noticed a problem that is getting
> > > worse....Lately...Especially tonight...When I am in the various

newsgroups
> > > inhabit...I click to see the posted message and I get Outlook Express
> > > popping up with a reply to group E.mail...I have to delete popped up

> > E-mail
> > > to see the message...I'm sorry..this is the only way to explain as I

see
> > > it......It is very annoying..It has happened occasionally before ..but
> > > tonight ..it is happening on just about every time I click to see a

posted
> > > message...Does anyone have an explanation for this ? and a solution

> > > correct it ?....Thanks....
> > >
> > > Bigbazza..Oz

I did try it a couple of times...It didn't seem to make a difference...

Bigbazza..Oz

Bigbazza

"Parko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 31 May 2004 11:13:42 +0000, Bigbazza dipped a thumbnail in tar and
> wrote:
>
> > Hi...All...I have noticed a problem that is getting
> > worse....Lately...Especially tonight...When I am in the various

newsgroups I
> > inhabit...I click to see the posted message and I get Outlook Express
> > popping up with a reply to group E.mail...I have to delete popped up

E-mail
> > to see the message...I'm sorry..this is the only way to explain as I see
> > it......It is very annoying..It has happened occasionally before ..but
> > tonight ..it is happening on just about every time I click to see a

posted
> > message...Does anyone have an explanation for this ? and a solution to
> > correct it ?....Thanks....
> >
> > Bigbazza..Oz

> Ok baz, your best bet would be to get a decent newsreader. I use Pan which
> is mainly for Linux, but you can get it for Windows. Here's the Pan
> homepage so you can check out the details without the hard sell of some
> nong trying to flog you something
> http://pan.rebelbase.com/
> You can get it for Windows here
> http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/re....14.2/WINDOWS/
> Just remember to install GTK for Windows before you install Pan and you
> can't go wrong. I've used a lot of other newsreaders and find Pan work
> well for me. Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Parko
> Registered Linux User #339345
> Defenestrate the Windows paradigm! Use Open Source Software.

As I said before...I have only ever used OE5 & 6.....I will look into your
suggestions and see what they are like....I've always wondered what other
ones would be like....You know ...I have never really had trouble in the
past...and when something works I usually have the attitude...Why change
something that is working ?....It seems to be much better today and last
night...if I slow down a bit...

Bigbazza..Oz

Bigbazza

"Reid Decker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yBHuc.20968$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> What OS? If you have XP, go to the help menu, System Restore, set a
> Restore Point back to before you had the problem. This usually works.
> "Bigbazza" <b.m@no addressforspamreasons.com> wrote in message
> news:GrEuc.19767$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi...All...I have noticed a problem that is getting
> > worse....Lately...Especially tonight...When I am in the various

newsgroups
> > inhabit...I click to see the posted message and I get Outlook Express
> > popping up with a reply to group E.mail...I have to delete popped up

> E-mail
> > to see the message...I'm sorry..this is the only way to explain as I see
> > it......It is very annoying..It has happened occasionally before ..but
> > tonight ..it is happening on just about every time I click to see a

posted
> > message...Does anyone have an explanation for this ? and a solution to
> > correct it ?....Thanks....
> >
> > Bigbazza..Oz
> >

>I will speak to my Son about this one before doing it...to see if there is

any ...ramifications....Thanks for the time given me..much appreciated...

Bigbazza..Oz