Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Epson 580 Printer problem

Epson 580 Printer problem

james.willsden

Hi
Ink levels show as ok. but then message telling me that an unknown error has
occurred, and to unplug the printer amd contact a service dealer. Would
appreciate any advice.
Regards
Mike

=?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=

james.willsden wrote:
> Hi
> Ink levels show as ok. but then message telling me that an unknown error has
> occurred, and to unplug the printer amd contact a service dealer. Would
> appreciate any advice.
> Regards
> Mike

Have you had it working previously and, if so, what have you
changed since (if anything)? Does it print the test/demo page?

Can you try it on a different computer?

Can you download the latest drivers and try those?

I don't know this printer, but it presumably has a number of
emulation modes. Do any of those work? e.g load the native
driver for one of the emulation modes and try printing
through that.

Sure the cable is plugged in good and firm (if it is
Centronics, it has a lot of pins to connect)?

Hope this gives you some ideas.

striker

You can try removing it then install again.

"james.willsden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:m7Fuc.78$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Ink levels show as ok. but then message telling me that an unknown error

has
> occurred, and to unplug the printer amd contact a service dealer. Would
> appreciate any advice.
> Regards
> Mike

Printer driver for VISTA - Epson 830u Photo printer? SS Computer Support 3 01-03-2008 05:30 AM
S/hand SpeedTouch 580 pre-configured to an other isp how do I chan =?Utf-8?B?bWFsdmVybmZseWVy?= Wireless Networking 1 12-11-2005 09:52 PM
HEC ACE 580 PSU Ciger Hardware 33 07-17-2005 05:52 AM
epson 580 printer/problem Tom Mix Computer Support 2 09-14-2003 10:59 PM
Re: Epson printer 2200 - Epson semi-gloss paper nobody nowhere Digital Photography 1 07-13-2003 02:45 PM

Advertisments