Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Screen resolution

Screen resolution

Jim Scott

Just out of interest ... what screen resolution do most
folks use?
I normally use 800 x 600, but some work I'm doing
requires 1024 x 768.
This really does make a difference to websites!
--
Jim

Tyneside - North East of England
To email me directly omit the X from my address
Visit http://freespace.virgin.net/mr.jimscott

Toolman Tim

"Jim Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
> Just out of interest ... what screen resolution do most
> folks use?
> I normally use 800 x 600, but some work I'm doing
> requires 1024 x 768.
> This really does make a difference to websites!

If you are doing websites, keep it at 800x600. And if you have pages people
are likely to print, set them up so they'll print without running off the
stinking right edge of the paper (pet peeve!)

Me, I use 1024x768 (with reading glasses <g>) almost all the time. For one,
my laptop's LCD (an older Dell) is optimized for that resolution, and gets
seriously "jaggie" used at lower resolutions. And on my 17" monitor at the
desktop, it's big enough that the higher resolution is clear.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=B0Mike=B0=22?=

On Sun, 30 May 2004 17:13:57 +0100, Jim Scott <(E-Mail Removed)>,wrote:

>Just out of interest ... what screen resolution do most
>folks use?
>I normally use 800 x 600, but some work I'm doing
>requires 1024 x 768.
>This really does make a difference to websites!

I use 1260x1024 both on this laptop and my desktop. Of course you need a monitor
or a digital flat panel that does xga+

Scraggy

Jim Scott wrote:
> Just out of interest ... what screen resolution do most
> folks use?
> I normally use 800 x 600, but some work I'm doing
> requires 1024 x 768.
> This really does make a difference to websites!

1024 x 728

James Mourby

"Jim Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
> Just out of interest ... what screen resolution do most
> folks use?
> I normally use 800 x 600, but some work I'm doing
> requires 1024 x 768.
> This really does make a difference to websites!
> --
> Jim

1152x864

Probably shouldn't 'cos i'm as blind as a bat.

:OD
--

Home Page: http://jamesuk.cjb.net
Blur Discography: http://www.mourby.plus.com/blur/

127.0.0.1

"Jim Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
> Just out of interest ... what screen resolution do most
> folks use?
> I normally use 800 x 600, but some work I'm doing
> requires 1024 x 768.
> This really does make a difference to websites!
> --
> Jim

you can configure 1024 x 768 to display larger fonts (to look like the
800x600 font size).
fyi: flat panel and laptop monitors have a set native resolution where it is
optimized. my flat panel is set at 1280x1024 but i set the font size to 133%
above normal (128dpi).

-a|ex

Tom F

1280X960

"Jim Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
| Just out of interest ... what screen resolution do most
| folks use?
| I normally use 800 x 600, but some work I'm doing
| requires 1024 x 768.
| This really does make a difference to websites!
| --
| Jim
|
| Tyneside - North East of England
| To email me directly omit the X from my address
| Visit http://freespace.virgin.net/mr.jimscott

why?

On Sun, 30 May 2004 17:13:57 +0100, Jim Scott wrote:

>Just out of interest ... what screen resolution do most
>folks use?

1280x1024

>I normally use 800 x 600, but some work I'm doing
>requires 1024 x 768.

Otherwise rest of PCs
1024x768
1152x864
This way the remote control sessions fit on the 1280.

>This really does make a difference to websites!

For those designed well it does.

Me

Jim Scott

In article <tZpuc.4815$Yd3.4060
@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, loopy@localhost
says...

> "Jim Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
> > Just out of interest ... what screen resolution do most
> > folks use?
> > I normally use 800 x 600, but some work I'm doing
> > requires 1024 x 768.
> > This really does make a difference to websites!
> > --
> > Jim

> you can configure 1024 x 768 to display larger fonts (to look like the
> 800x600 font size).

<snip>

> -a|ex

Time for a bit of online tuition if you will.
--
Jim

Tyneside - North East of England
To email me directly omit the X from my address
Visit http://freespace.virgin.net/mr.jimscott

1024x768

21" NEC MultiSync P1150

Jim Scott <(E-Mail Removed)> chiseled in stone, the following
words news:(E-Mail Removed) t: