Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > not impressed with norton firwall 2004 and anti virus

not impressed with norton firwall 2004 and anti virus

Bigfred

According the Norton website my updates on Norton firewall and anti virus
are up to date however the recent content blocking does not seem to be
working i.e. spam blocker and add stopper along with cookie blocker. I would
like to know if anyone else has had this problem with Norton 2004, it seems
to work well up to a point but the last month of so I have not been
impressed with it. I also had a terrible time with installing the updates.

Thanks

Bigfred

Done that anon on two occasions but the problem still persists.

"anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> works fine for me, often with Norton problems, the recommendation is to
> completely remove, see Symantec site, before doing a *clean install*
>
> "Bigfred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dLguc.34862$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > According the Norton website my updates on Norton firewall and anti

virus
> > are up to date however the recent content blocking does not seem to be
> > working i.e. spam blocker and add stopper along with cookie blocker. I

> would
> > like to know if anyone else has had this problem with Norton 2004, it

> seems
> > to work well up to a point but the last month of so I have not been
> > impressed with it. I also had a terrible time with installing the

updates.

> > Thanks

anon

works fine for me, often with Norton problems, the recommendation is to
completely remove, see Symantec site, before doing a *clean install*

"Bigfred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dLguc.34862$(E-Mail Removed)...
> According the Norton website my updates on Norton firewall and anti virus
> are up to date however the recent content blocking does not seem to be
> working i.e. spam blocker and add stopper along with cookie blocker. I

would
> like to know if anyone else has had this problem with Norton 2004, it

seems
> to work well up to a point but the last month of so I have not been
> impressed with it. I also had a terrible time with installing the updates.
>
> Thanks

PS

Until recently, I was using NAV exclusively but whenever I have had problems
with emails and viruses, it had not detected the viruses. Yet, TRENDMICRO at
www.trendmicro.com has an excellent online antivirus program and it can scan
your PC drives fast, easily and is most up to date. My opinion is that it
does a better job in cleaning viruses off PC but I use it in addition to
NAV.
My 2 bob worth opinion.
ps

"Bigfred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dLguc.34862$(E-Mail Removed)...
> According the Norton website my updates on Norton firewall and anti virus
> are up to date however the recent content blocking does not seem to be
> working i.e. spam blocker and add stopper along with cookie blocker. I

would
> like to know if anyone else has had this problem with Norton 2004, it

seems
> to work well up to a point but the last month of so I have not been
> impressed with it. I also had a terrible time with installing the updates.
>
> Thanks

Ron Martell

"Bigfred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>According the Norton website my updates on Norton firewall and anti virus
>are up to date however the recent content blocking does not seem to be
>working i.e. spam blocker and add stopper along with cookie blocker. I would
>like to know if anyone else has had this problem with Norton 2004, it seems
>to work well up to a point but the last month of so I have not been
>impressed with it. I also had a terrible time with installing the updates.
>
>Thanks

Norton 2004 causes so many problems for so many people that it should
be classified as a *virus*.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

Bigfred

I have since read reviews on Norton Internet security 2004 and its
frightening that a company as big as Symantec are getting away this. Lots of
people including myself have lost money on this crippleware, they also have
the audacity to ask for money to try and fix it. Another classic statement
is that there is a conflict with XP,well if there was why did they put this
crap on the market. Avoid this rubbish product folks. I have since installed
zone alarm free edition and Avg anti virus free edition and the Google popup
stopper, I now have a pc that works and Norton is now in the dustbin where
it belongs.

"Ron Martell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Bigfred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >According the Norton website my updates on Norton firewall and anti virus
> >are up to date however the recent content blocking does not seem to be
> >working i.e. spam blocker and add stopper along with cookie blocker. I

would
> >like to know if anyone else has had this problem with Norton 2004, it

seems
> >to work well up to a point but the last month of so I have not been
> >impressed with it. I also had a terrible time with installing the

updates.

> >Thanks
> >

> Norton 2004 causes so many problems for so many people that it should
> be classified as a *virus*.
>

> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP