Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Possible PSU Problems?

Possible PSU Problems?

JohnUK

Thanks for all your advice.

I'll get a good power supply )

I'll also look into the temperature issues as i've just checked my
girlfriends machine and it also runs at 77 degrees (This is the same
processor, etc as my new board). The board was bought pre-assembled
with the processor and an already installed Artic Cooling fan on the
heatsink.

Once I get back up and running I'll double check.

Thanks again to all who answered.

Regards

John

w_tom

Stop wildly replacing things based only upon a feeling. If
those numbers were correct, then even the disk drive could not
pass its diagnostic. Based upon facts as provided, if
anything was replaced, then you were wasting money on wild
specutlations.

Again, get back, first, to basic facts. What measured those
voltages and where were voltages measured. Currently you have
no reason to suspect power supply because if those voltages
were correct, then your computer was not even booting.

As for that temperature - not reason for your failures.
Temperature may be so high that computer cannot work in a 100
degree F room. That would be a problem. But those
temperatures do not account for your current problems.