Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Need some advice on a new mobo/cpu install.....

Need some advice on a new mobo/cpu install.....

Nook

OK, i ordered an Athlon XP 2800+, Asus A7V8X-X, 2x 512meg strips of
3200mHz RAM, and a 350W power supply. The processor came already
installed on the motherboard as did the RAM. I installed the
motherboard then the power supply, then i connected all the IDE cables
and power cables, then my video card, a Radeon 9200 Pro. When I power
up the system, the case fans, power supply, and the CPU fans run, and
the green light on the motherboard is on, the hard drive spins up, but
i get no beeps and no video, any idea what might be wrong? I'm having
to post from a MAC :0( , so PLEASE!!!!! FOR GOD SAKES!!!! HELP
ME!!!!!! lol

Smoker

"Nook" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:2004052722070616807%me@herecom...
> OK, i ordered an Athlon XP 2800+, Asus A7V8X-X, 2x 512meg strips of
> 3200mHz RAM, and a 350W power supply. The processor came already
> installed on the motherboard as did the RAM. I installed the
> motherboard then the power supply, then i connected all the IDE cables
> and power cables, then my video card, a Radeon 9200 Pro. When I power
> up the system, the case fans, power supply, and the CPU fans run, and
> the green light on the motherboard is on, the hard drive spins up, but
> i get no beeps and no video, any idea what might be wrong? I'm having
> to post from a MAC :0( , so PLEASE!!!!! FOR GOD SAKES!!!! HELP
> ME!!!!!! lol

Probably you have a piece of crap power supply and 350W is rarely enough
these days although there's a lot more to it than that. Use known good
brands like Antec or Enermax.

anon

Any one item of hardware could be dead, check and double check all cables,
cards, reseat all items.
If using a hd with o/s allready installed you will have to undertake a
repair install of the o/s - thats *not* a new install.

"Smoker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:r9Atc.25588$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Nook" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > OK, i ordered an Athlon XP 2800+, Asus A7V8X-X, 2x 512meg strips of
> > 3200mHz RAM, and a 350W power supply. The processor came already
> > installed on the motherboard as did the RAM. I installed the
> > motherboard then the power supply, then i connected all the IDE cables
> > and power cables, then my video card, a Radeon 9200 Pro. When I power
> > up the system, the case fans, power supply, and the CPU fans run, and
> > the green light on the motherboard is on, the hard drive spins up, but
> > i get no beeps and no video, any idea what might be wrong? I'm having
> > to post from a MAC :0( , so PLEASE!!!!! FOR GOD SAKES!!!! HELP
> > ME!!!!!! lol
> >

> Probably you have a piece of crap power supply and 350W is rarely enough
> these days although there's a lot more to it than that. Use known good
> brands like Antec or Enermax.

Advice/suggestions/recommendations needed for new PC & new flatbedscanner I need to buy soon Lee Computer Information 3 12-07-2011 05:35 AM
Give me some advice about some books of Java programing! yuyazhang Java 14 04-29-2006 11:13 AM
Need some advice Pat Firefox 6 04-17-2005 04:31 PM
New to Java....need some advice for a quick prototype program Younger Dryas Java 4 02-13-2004 06:14 PM
Building a new app in python and need some architecture advice. Sam Watson Python 9 12-12-2003 10:14 PM

Advertisments