Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Simple drawing programs for XP?

Simple drawing programs for XP?

Steve Freides

I'm looking for something that might be a step up from the built-in
Paint but don't really need much more, just something on which I can
scribble a drawing on a touch-screen laptop so that I can then send the
drawing back to the office.

Any shareware recommendations are appreciated, as are recommendations
for commercial software.

TIA.

-S-

=?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=

Steve Freides wrote:
> I'm looking for something that might be a step up from the built-in
> Paint but don't really need much more, just something on which I can
> scribble a drawing on a touch-screen laptop so that I can then send the
> drawing back to the office.
>
> Any shareware recommendations are appreciated, as are recommendations
> for commercial software.
>
> TIA.
>
> -S-

Just a thought, but I bought a small usb tablet which both
had the software that would probably suit your needs and
allows me to draw with a pen rather than a mouse. You could
maybe use the tablet on your desktop PC and put the software
on both - (provided you could find a package that allowed
per user rather than per machine licencing - which the one I
bought does).

Mine came from Maplins and was about 20 GBP, if I remember
right. It also has a "ball-less" wireless mini mouse that is
the best I have ever used.

Not that using a pen has turned me into an artist - well,
maybe it now looks like a 5 year old's work rather than a 5
month old's..

°Mike°

Photofiltre is free. The web site is in French, but
there's an English version available.

http://photofiltre.free.fr/

English version:
http://photofiltre.free.fr/utils/pf-setup-en.exe

On Thu, 27 May 2004 12:48:11 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Steve Freides scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

diesel_fuel

http://www.goosee.com/

says...
> I'm looking for something that might be a step up from the built-in
> Paint but don't really need much more, just something on which I can
> scribble a drawing on a touch-screen laptop so that I can then send the
> drawing back to the office.
>
> Any shareware recommendations are appreciated, as are recommendations
> for commercial software.
>
> TIA.
>
> -S-

Steve Freides

Downloaded and installed this, looks like it might be what we need.
Will report back in a day or three.

-S-

news:(E-Mail Removed)...