Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > norton anti-virus?

norton anti-virus?

joevan

On Thu, 27 May 2004 20:56:44 +0100, "anOLDun"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Lo All
>
>OS = winME
>Norton Anti - Virus = 9.05.15
>Emails = outlook express
>
>Hope you can sort-out a "query" for me.....
>
>I am being inundated with with emails carrying virus', which Norton find and
>delete before any damage is done. The problem is it tells me EVERY single
>time it deletes one or fixes one.
>
>I have looked everywhere to see if Norton will delete/fix but NOT tell me. I
>cannot leave the pc when I am DL emails as they stop DL until i have clicked
>on the "FINISH" button on the Norton Scan summary pop-up window.
>
>Any ideas on how to get Norton to continue to function but NOT keep telling
>me what it has done every single time?
>

>Cheers

Boring, yawn.
joevan

°Mike°

You're not likely to get any sensible answers by
setting your clock one day in the future.

Please adjust your clock.

On Thu, 27 May 2004 20:56:44 +0100, in
<c92u5u$hpg$(E-Mail Removed)>
anOLDun scrawled:

>Lo All
>
>OS = winME
>Norton Anti - Virus = 9.05.15
>Emails = outlook express
>
>Hope you can sort-out a "query" for me.....
>
>I am being inundated with with emails carrying virus', which Norton find and
>delete before any damage is done. The problem is it tells me EVERY single
>time it deletes one or fixes one.
>
>I have looked everywhere to see if Norton will delete/fix but NOT tell me. I
>cannot leave the pc when I am DL emails as they stop DL until i have clicked
>on the "FINISH" button on the Norton Scan summary pop-up window.
>
>Any ideas on how to get Norton to continue to function but NOT keep telling
>me what it has done every single time?
>

>Cheers

Basic computer maintenance

anOLDun

Hi Mike

My apologies.

I never touch the "clock" - no need to so i have no idea how that happened.
However, many thanks for pointing it out.

Cheers

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You're not likely to get any sensible answers by
> setting your clock one day in the future.
>
> Please adjust your clock.
>

> On Thu, 27 May 2004 20:56:44 +0100, in
> <c92u5u$hpg$(E-Mail Removed)>
> anOLDun scrawled:
>
> >Lo All
> >
> >OS = winME
> >Norton Anti - Virus = 9.05.15
> >Emails = outlook express
> >
> >Hope you can sort-out a "query" for me.....
> >
> >I am being inundated with with emails carrying virus', which Norton find

and
> >delete before any damage is done. The problem is it tells me EVERY single
> >time it deletes one or fixes one.
> >
> >I have looked everywhere to see if Norton will delete/fix but NOT tell

me. I
> >cannot leave the pc when I am DL emails as they stop DL until i have

clicked
> >on the "FINISH" button on the Norton Scan summary pop-up window.
> >
> >Any ideas on how to get Norton to continue to function but NOT keep

telling
> >me what it has done every single time?
> >

> >Cheers

> Basic computer maintenance

Toolman Tim

"anOLDun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c92u5u$hpg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lo All
>
> OS = winME
> Norton Anti - Virus = 9.05.15
> Emails = outlook express
>
> Hope you can sort-out a "query" for me.....
>
> I am being inundated with with emails carrying virus', which Norton find

and
> delete before any damage is done. The problem is it tells me EVERY single
> time it deletes one or fixes one.
>
> I have looked everywhere to see if Norton will delete/fix but NOT tell me.

> cannot leave the pc when I am DL emails as they stop DL until i have

clicked
> on the "FINISH" button on the Norton Scan summary pop-up window.
>
> Any ideas on how to get Norton to continue to function but NOT keep

telling
> me what it has done every single time?
>

> Cheers

I agree that it's annoying. I've tried a number of things, and I don't think
Norton provides that option. I've thought about setting up a filter for it,
but haven't bothered.

Helen Zass

You must have touched the clock, its correct now.....

"anOLDun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c936vj$g36$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Mike
>
> My apologies.
>
> I never touch the "clock" - no need to so i have no idea how that

happened.
> However, many thanks for pointing it out.
>
> Cheers

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You're not likely to get any sensible answers by
> > setting your clock one day in the future.
> >
> > Please adjust your clock.
> >

> > On Thu, 27 May 2004 20:56:44 +0100, in
> > <c92u5u$hpg$(E-Mail Removed)>
> > anOLDun scrawled:
> >
> > >Lo All
> > >
> > >OS = winME
> > >Norton Anti - Virus = 9.05.15
> > >Emails = outlook express
> > >
> > >Hope you can sort-out a "query" for me.....
> > >
> > >I am being inundated with with emails carrying virus', which Norton

find
> and
> > >delete before any damage is done. The problem is it tells me EVERY

single
> > >time it deletes one or fixes one.
> > >
> > >I have looked everywhere to see if Norton will delete/fix but NOT tell

> me. I
> > >cannot leave the pc when I am DL emails as they stop DL until i have

> clicked
> > >on the "FINISH" button on the Norton Scan summary pop-up window.
> > >
> > >Any ideas on how to get Norton to continue to function but NOT keep

> telling
> > >me what it has done every single time?
> > >

> > >Cheers

> > --
> > Basic computer maintenance

John Paul Jones

I like it when people touch my clock....

"Helen Zass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You must have touched the clock, its correct now.....
>
> "anOLDun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c936vj$g36$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi Mike
> >
> > My apologies.
> >
> > I never touch the "clock" - no need to so i have no idea how that

> happened.
> > However, many thanks for pointing it out.
> >
> > Cheers

> > "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > You're not likely to get any sensible answers by
> > > setting your clock one day in the future.
> > >
> > > Please adjust your clock.
> > >

> > > On Thu, 27 May 2004 20:56:44 +0100, in
> > > <c92u5u$hpg$(E-Mail Removed)>
> > > anOLDun scrawled:

> find
> > and

> single

tell
> > me. I

> > clicked

> > telling

> > > --
> > > Basic computer maintenance
> > > http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

Alien Zord

"anOLDun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c92u5u$hpg$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have looked everywhere to see if Norton will delete/fix but NOT tell me.

> cannot leave the pc when I am DL emails as they stop DL until i have

clicked
> on the "FINISH" button on the Norton Scan summary pop-up window.

Obviously not looked in Options, Email and ticking "Repair then silently
delete (or quarantine) if unsuccessful".

Wendell

Alien Zord wrote:
> "anOLDun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c92u5u$hpg$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I have looked everywhere to see if Norton will delete/fix but NOT tell me.

>>cannot leave the pc when I am DL emails as they stop DL until i have

> clicked
>
>>on the "FINISH" button on the Norton Scan summary pop-up window.
>>

> Obviously not looked in Options, Email and ticking "Repair then silently
> delete (or quarantine) if unsuccessful".

This is ticked on mine but the problem remains.
Aggravating.

Wendel

Ryan 8088

Nice way to keep it at the top of the list though.
"anOLDun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c936vj$g36$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Mike
>
> My apologies.
>
> I never touch the "clock" - no need to so i have no idea how that
> happened.
> However, many thanks for pointing it out.
>
> Cheers

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You're not likely to get any sensible answers by
>> setting your clock one day in the future.
>>
>> Please adjust your clock.
>>

>> On Thu, 27 May 2004 20:56:44 +0100, in
>> <c92u5u$hpg$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> anOLDun scrawled:
>>
>> >Lo All
>> >
>> >OS = winME
>> >Norton Anti - Virus = 9.05.15
>> >Emails = outlook express
>> >
>> >Hope you can sort-out a "query" for me.....
>> >
>> >I am being inundated with with emails carrying virus', which Norton find

> and
>> >delete before any damage is done. The problem is it tells me EVERY
>> >single
>> >time it deletes one or fixes one.
>> >
>> >I have looked everywhere to see if Norton will delete/fix but NOT tell

> me. I
>> >cannot leave the pc when I am DL emails as they stop DL until i have

> clicked
>> >on the "FINISH" button on the Norton Scan summary pop-up window.
>> >
>> >Any ideas on how to get Norton to continue to function but NOT keep

> telling
>> >me what it has done every single time?
>> >

>> >Cheers

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

Brian

"anOLDun" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:c92u5u$hpg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lo All
>
> OS = winME
> Norton Anti - Virus = 9.05.15
> Emails = outlook express
>
> Hope you can sort-out a "query" for me.....
>
> I am being inundated with with emails carrying virus', which Norton find

and
> delete before any damage is done. The problem is it tells me EVERY single
> time it deletes one or fixes one.
>
> I have looked everywhere to see if Norton will delete/fix but NOT tell me.

> cannot leave the pc when I am DL emails as they stop DL until i have

clicked
> on the "FINISH" button on the Norton Scan summary pop-up window.
>
> Any ideas on how to get Norton to continue to function but NOT keep

telling
> me what it has done every single time?
>

> Cheers

wow!! norten anti virus still number one in the hitlist