Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dial-up

Dial-up

RJTEMT56

When I turn on my computer, the dial-up box is up; when I try to get into
Microsoft Word, the dial-up box keeps coming up until I cancel it three or
four times. It is continually coming up sporadically and has never done
this before. Has anyone had this problem? RJT&EMT

Toolman Tim

"RJTEMT56" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I turn on my computer, the dial-up box is up; when I try to get into
> Microsoft Word, the dial-up box keeps coming up until I cancel it three or
> four times. It is continually coming up sporadically and has never done
> this before. Has anyone had this problem? RJT&EMT

Yep.

Read this:
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoyn...o-answers.html

Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq

"Toolman Tim" <ToolmanTim_at_charter_net_invalid> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "RJTEMT56" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > When I turn on my computer, the dial-up box is up; when I try to get

into
> > Microsoft Word, the dial-up box keeps coming up until I cancel it three

or
> > four times. It is continually coming up sporadically and has never done
> > this before. Has anyone had this problem? RJT&EMT
> >

> Yep.
>
> Read this:

http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoyn...o-answers.html

Surely, even an "imbecile" would understand that the OP is asking for a
solution to a problem here!
Instead, some little prick like you jumps in and has to try to correct them.
If you can't answer the question, then why bother replying?
Charlie.

Ian

Toolman Tim wrote:
|| "RJTEMT56" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|| news:(E-Mail Removed)...
||| When I turn on my computer, the dial-up box is up; when I try to
||| get into Microsoft Word, the dial-up box keeps coming up until I
||| cancel it three or four times. It is continually coming up
||| sporadically and has never done this before. Has anyone had this
||| problem? RJT&EMT
|| Yep.
|| Read this:
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoyn...o-answers.html

In other words you don't have a clue how to help him / her.

anon

You might want to check yr dial up connections, in case one has been added.
Also download and run Adaware and Spybot - google for url - update before
running. To remove spyware

"RJTEMT56" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I turn on my computer, the dial-up box is up; when I try to get into
> Microsoft Word, the dial-up box keeps coming up until I cancel it three or
> four times. It is continually coming up sporadically and has never done
> this before. Has anyone had this problem? RJT&EMT

Brian

"RJTEMT56" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I turn on my computer, the dial-up box is up; when I try to get into
> Microsoft Word, the dial-up box keeps coming up until I cancel it three or
> four times. It is continually coming up sporadically and has never done
> this before. Has anyone had this problem? RJT&EMT

Obviously some kind of prog (MS Word maybe) is trying to send info to a
third party...
good idea get some anti spy ware on your PC (may also be a dialer) and that
should get rid of it.

Brian

boywonder

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
RJTEMT56 <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> When I turn on my computer, the dial-up box is up; when I try to get
> into Microsoft Word, the dial-up box keeps coming up until I cancel
> it three or four times. It is continually coming up sporadically and
> has never done this before. Has anyone had this problem? RJT&EMT

When I had that problem, I simply went to IE/Tools/Options/Connections/check
"never dial a connection". Internet Options is also found in the control
panel. It controls the dialing behavior of several programs including IE and
OE probably Office apps.

Tommy
tommyATlee9_2000(removethis)ATyahooATcom
www.hal-pc.org/~toner27

Toolman Tim

"Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsgYsc.20$qM2.19@newsfe4-gui...

> "Toolman Tim" <ToolmanTim_at_charter_net_invalid> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "RJTEMT56" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > When I turn on my computer, the dial-up box is up; when I try to get

> into
> > > Microsoft Word, the dial-up box keeps coming up until I cancel it

three
> or
> > > four times. It is continually coming up sporadically and has never

done
> > > this before. Has anyone had this problem? RJT&EMT
> > >

> > Yep.
> >
> > Read this:

http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoyn...o-answers.html

> Surely, even an "imbecile" would understand that the OP is asking for a
> solution to a problem here!
> Instead, some little prick like you jumps in and has to try to correct

them.
> If you can't answer the question, then why bother replying?
> Charlie.

Why rip on me when you don't seem to have an answer either?

Toolman Tim

"Ian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Toolman Tim wrote:
> || "RJTEMT56" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> || news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> || Yep.
> || Read this:

http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoyn...o-answers.html

> In other words you don't have a clue how to help him / her.

Actually, I do. But you didn't seem to bother helping either.

Toolman Tim

"RJTEMT56" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I turn on my computer, the dial-up box is up; when I try to get into
> Microsoft Word, the dial-up box keeps coming up until I cancel it three or
> four times. It is continually coming up sporadically and has never done
> this before. Has anyone had this problem? RJT&EMT

Spyware/Adware
============
Open the Internet Options applet in Control Panel
Uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions" on the Advanced tab.
You may also have to set the Home Page to about :blank

Then eliminate any scumware. See
Dealing with Unwanted Malware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Note that AdAware and SpyBot S & D will each catch some things the other
won't. Also, each needs to be updated with the program's update function
before every use, even when just downloaded. There's also a lot more to do
than just those two programs. CWShredder is also available here:

If still having problems. then post your HijackThis log

Alternative download pages for Ad-Aware, Spybot, HijackThis and CWShredder
may be found on this page:
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm.