Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cleaning monitor screen

Cleaning monitor screen

eugene

I have a new flat screen monitor with LCD and some of the children have put
fingerprints on it. What's the best way to clean this? It doesn't give
instructions in the manual.

koorb

On Tue, 25 May 2004 10:38:18 +0000 (UTC), "eugene"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a new flat screen monitor with LCD and some of the children have put
>fingerprints on it. What's the best way to clean this? It doesn't give
>instructions in the manual.

Damp (not wet) cloth.

Emrys Davies

http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20030722.html

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"koorb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 25 May 2004 10:38:18 +0000 (UTC), "eugene"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I have a new flat screen monitor with LCD and some of the children

have put
> >fingerprints on it. What's the best way to clean this? It doesn't

give
> >instructions in the manual.
> >

> Damp (not wet) cloth.

eugene

thanks
"koorb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 25 May 2004 10:38:18 +0000 (UTC), "eugene"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I have a new flat screen monitor with LCD and some of the children have

put
> >fingerprints on it. What's the best way to clean this? It doesn't give
> >instructions in the manual.
> >

> Damp (not wet) cloth.

S.Heenan

eugene wrote:
> I have a new flat screen monitor with LCD and some of the children
> have put fingerprints on it. What's the best way to clean this? It
> doesn't give instructions in the manual.

Use a 1:1 mix of 99% isopropyl alcohol and water. Use a soft, damp cotton
cloth to wipe the screen.

°Mike°

A damp, soft lint-free cloth (do NOT use solvents!), or a dry,
soft lint-free cloth with Isopropyl Alcohol. Clean with straight
strokes, in one direction only.

Under NO circumstances use any of the following, or substances
based on them:

Acetone
Ammonia
Ethyl Acid
Ethyl Alcohol
Methyl Chloride

Do NOT use paper towels/toilet paper - they are abrasive.
Only use "Computer Wipes" if they are specifically for LCD.

On Tue, 25 May 2004 10:38:18 +0000 (UTC), in
<c8v7mp$slp$(E-Mail Removed)>
eugene scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance