Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Framework 1.0 to 1.1 conversion

Framework 1.0 to 1.1 conversion

Luc Bisson

Hi all,

We are using Framework 1.0 for all our ASP.NET and Windows application
projects.

We plan on going to Framework 1.1.

On MSDN, they say that for Windows application, we have to add a section in
the configuration file so the application will be forced to use the 1.1
framework.

For an ASP.NET Application, on installing, the 1.1 Framwork, the ISAPI
filter will automatically change to the 1.1 filter at the root of IIS. So,
by default, the ASP.NET will use the new framework if not told different on
the web site level.

But what about a class library project or assemblies that are in the GAC?
Is there a way for those components to use the 1.1 framework and not having
them to be recompiled with VS 2003?

Since those components doesn't have a configuration file and are using a
strongly typed name is there a way to tell those components to use 1.1?

Thank's for any idea.

Feisar Powi

> Is there a way for those components to use the 1.1 framework and not
having
> them to be recompiled with VS 2003?

Why not?

Jim Blizzard [MSFT]

Hi Luc,

Thanks for posting to the newsgroup.

If you need to set specific criteria for a DLL then you could use a
Publisher Policy assembly. Take a look at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...PolicyFile.asp
for more information.

If that doesn't work for you, then you could also possibly use binding
redirects in the executable's web.config file, using the
"<supportedRuntime>" element. See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...timetoload.asp
for more info. If this is the route you want to go, you may want to make
the change in the machine.config file, but I'd be careful doing that because
it is global for all apps on the box...

Hope this helps!
bliz

--
Jim Blizzard, MCSD .NET
Community Developer Evangelist | http://www.microsoft.com/communities

Your Potential. Our Passion.

This posting is provided as is, without warranty, and confers no rights.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...