Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OT: Your first line of defense against phishing

OT: Your first line of defense against phishing

5.5 cents

If you are doing internet banking, you must have heard of all the
phishing activities of how people entice you to go to a different
website that looks exactly like your bank website. You logon to "your"
bank with your username and password and then your details are stolen
by the guys who are hosting "your spoofed bank" website.

Image how nice it would be if your browser would let you know
automatically if where you are going to is different from what it is
published to go to.

Soft Trek has taken the initiative to combat against phishing by
giving to you the tool as the first step to combat against phishing;
detecting and showing you if you are going to a different domain. This
tool is aptly called IpGuardian. IpGuardian is an IE browser plugin
specially designed to protect you against phishing.

Read more at http://www.soft-trek.com.au/prjIPGuardian.asp

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

5.5 cents wrote:

> If you are doing internet banking, you must have heard of all the
> phishing activities of how people entice you to go to a different
> website that looks exactly like your bank website. You logon to "your"
> bank with your username and password and then your details are stolen
> by the guys who are hosting "your spoofed bank" website.
>
> Image how nice it would be if your browser would let you know
> automatically if where you are going to is different from what it is
> published to go to.
>
> Soft On has taken the initiative to combat against phishing by
> giving to you the tool as the first step to combat against phishing;
> detecting and showing you if you are going to a different domain. This
> tool is aptly called IpFreely. IpFreely is an IE browser plugin
> specially designed to protect you against phishing.

Yes, I buy all my security applications from phucking spammers.

PCLogger

Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<40b2b32a$0$191$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Yes, I buy all my security applications from phucking spammers.

I don't honestly think this is a spam at all. First it is an OT.
Second, with all the phishing activities going, it is good to have
some defense than not at all. Roger if that is your real name, are you
pro-phishing or against-phishing? I think with the art of phishing
becoming more and more sophiscated, you really need all the help you
can get.

See this article http://www.antiphishing.org/news/03-...ddressBar.html
if you are not scared yet. Then again, you may be one of them trying
to discourage others not to get the tool that they may need.

Only my 2 cents.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

PCLogger wrote:
> Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<40b2b32a$0$191$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>
>>Yes, I buy all my security applications from phucking spammers.

> I don't honestly think this is a spam at all. First it is an OT.
> Second, with all the phishing activities going, it is good to have
> some defense than not at all. Roger if that is your real name, are you
> pro-phishing or against-phishing? I think with the art of phishing
> becoming more and more sophiscated, you really need all the help you
> can get.
>
> See this article http://www.antiphishing.org/news/03-...ddressBar.html
> if you are not scared yet. Then again, you may be one of them trying
> to discourage others not to get the tool that they may need.
>
> Only my 2 cents.

I'm anti-spam and I think that advertising software for sale in this
group qualifies as spamming. No matter how noble the motives (i.e. $$$),
abusing newsgroups for commercial gain is one of the few no-nos that
gets frowned upon here TINH. I'd say the same thing if Peter Norton
dropped by here to inform us that viruses are not good and if we'd pony
up the $50 or so he'd help us stay virus free.

--
Keep your 2 cents, it ain't worth it.

Mike

Putting "OT" in the subject line does NOT make it
non-spam. And why did you change identities to
reply to Roger? A sure sign of a spammer.

On 24 May 2004 22:31:51 -0700, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
PCLogger scrawled:

>I don't honestly think this is a spam at all. First it is an OT.

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

5.5 cents

I did believe that I am posting the appropriate content to the right
forum (one that needs 24 hour support) but boy I was wrong. I
sincerely apologise for my posting to the readers of the forum and if
there is any inconvenience caused to you all, sorry.

Thund3rstruck_n0i

PCLogger spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
<(E-Mail Removed)>

> I don't honestly think this is a spam at all. First it is an OT.
> Second, with all the phishing activities going, it is good to have
> some defense than not at all. Roger if that is your real name, are you
> pro-phishing or against-phishing? I think with the art of phishing
> becoming more and more sophiscated, you really need all the help you
> can get.

If it looks like spam, smells like spam, and advertises like spam it's
spam.

> See this article
> <snipped> if you
> are not scared yet.

Ooooh. /me is quaking in my shoes....not

> Then again, you may be one of them trying to
> discourage others not to get the tool that they may need.

The best solution is to not use IE, and not to believe everything one sees
online.

> Only my 2 cents.

I think there's more involved here than $.02

The spammer's IP addy from his headers:

NNTP-Posting-Host:203.31.24.51

Yours:

NNTP-Posting-Host:203.31.24.51

Wow! A spammer morphing his e-mail address to defend himself. What a novel
idea (NOT!)

**** off. (Lart's launched)

NOI

Mike