Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > remove unwanted site

remove unwanted site

Angela Leaf

sorry somehow lost your instructions to lose this horrible site
htp//default-homepage-network.com/start.cgi?hkcu
as you can probably tell i am new to the internet and that is how I stumbled
onto this site.
could you repeat instructions once more.
thankyou angey.

Boomer

"Angela Leaf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> sorry somehow lost your instructions to lose this horrible site
> htp//default-homepage-network.com/start.cgi?hkcu
> as you can probably tell i am new to the internet and that is
> how I stumbled onto this site.
> could you repeat instructions once more.
> thankyou angey.

Hello

This is an international usenet newsgroup. It is not affiliated
with any ISP or news service provider.

Would these be of help?

Install, immediately update and run, at least, the first four.

Ad-aware Aims at Adware/Spyware.
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

SpybotS&D Aims for the dialers, trojans,
hijackers and security/privacy issues.
http://www.safer-networking.org/

Spyware Blaster

CoolWebShredder

HijackThis
http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/
Install and run, then post the log to "HijackThis Logs"
at http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php.

http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

Info on above and more.
'Spyware Warrior'
http://www.netrn.net/spywareblog/

Parasites: Cookies, Dialers, Keyloggers, Trackers
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/bhoindex.htm

~ Spyware Information ~
http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

~Unsolicited commercial software list and info~
http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

~Other software~
http://www.wilders.org/

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.spyware
alt.comp.anti-virus

Also serach Google and Googles archive for more information.

Top 10 Tips to Keep Your Computer Virus-Free
http://www.symantec.com/homecomputin...ry/topten.html