Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Too big

Too big

Gill

Somehow or other everything on my computer appears to have grown overnight.
Some sort of magnification I think. Is there anyway that I can reverse this
so that normal size can be resumed. A typical example is my desktop. Where
I only had a dozen items which took a column and a half, it now takes up the
whole screen.

Any help would be very much appreciated
Gill

joevan

On Mon, 24 May 2004 12:36:17 GMT, "Gill" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Somehow or other everything on my computer appears to have grown overnight.
>Some sort of magnification I think. Is there anyway that I can reverse this
>so that normal size can be resumed. A typical example is my desktop. Where
>I only had a dozen items which took a column and a half, it now takes up the
>whole screen.
>
>Any help would be very much appreciated
>Gill

Are you in Japan? If so it could be the Godzilla virus. If not then it
is just a swelll computer. You too must be using windows 3.1.
joevan

Unknown

Set your display 'screen resolution'.
"Gill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5%lsc.1192$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Somehow or other everything on my computer appears to have grown overnight.
> Some sort of magnification I think. Is there anyway that I can reverse this
> so that normal size can be resumed. A typical example is my desktop. Where
> I only had a dozen items which took a column and a half, it now takes up the
> whole screen.
>
> Any help would be very much appreciated
> Gill

Geoff

Gill,
A program has probably changed your display somehow.
Go to Start / Settings / Control panel / Display / Settings. and look at
the screen area. It has probably been set to 640 x 480. Just move the
slider up to 800 x 600.
Hope this helps,

Geoff

"Gill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5%lsc.1192$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Somehow or other everything on my computer appears to have grown

overnight.
> Some sort of magnification I think. Is there anyway that I can reverse

this
> so that normal size can be resumed. A typical example is my desktop.

Where
> I only had a dozen items which took a column and a half, it now takes up

the
> whole screen.
>
> Any help would be very much appreciated
> Gill

Gill

Thanks for the help. I did try to change the screen resolution but it
wouldn't move. It is set at 640 x 480. I did download a free Adaware
yesterday, maybe this has caused my problems. I have written to the firm
and hopefully I will get a reply soon.
Gill
"Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Gill,
> A program has probably changed your display somehow.
> Go to Start / Settings / Control panel / Display / Settings. and look at
> the screen area. It has probably been set to 640 x 480. Just move the
> slider up to 800 x 600.
> Hope this helps,
>
> Geoff
>

> "Gill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:5%lsc.1192$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Somehow or other everything on my computer appears to have grown

> overnight.
> > Some sort of magnification I think. Is there anyway that I can reverse

> this
> > so that normal size can be resumed. A typical example is my desktop.

> Where
> > I only had a dozen items which took a column and a half, it now takes up

> the
> > whole screen.
> >
> > Any help would be very much appreciated
> > Gill

Unknown

640X480 is probably wrong setting. It more than likely should be 800X600
"Gill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0qpsc.1335$Y%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the help. I did try to change the screen resolution but it
> wouldn't move. It is set at 640 x 480. I did download a free Adaware
> yesterday, maybe this has caused my problems. I have written to the firm
> and hopefully I will get a reply soon.
> Gill
> "Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Gill,
> > A program has probably changed your display somehow.
> > Go to Start / Settings / Control panel / Display / Settings. and look at
> > the screen area. It has probably been set to 640 x 480. Just move the
> > slider up to 800 x 600.
> > Hope this helps,
> >
> > Geoff
> >

> > "Gill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:5%lsc.1192$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Somehow or other everything on my computer appears to have grown

> > overnight.
> > > Some sort of magnification I think. Is there anyway that I can reverse

> > this
> > > so that normal size can be resumed. A typical example is my desktop.

> > Where
> > > I only had a dozen items which took a column and a half, it now takes up

> > the
> > > whole screen.
> > >
> > > Any help would be very much appreciated
> > > Gill

joevan

On Mon, 24 May 2004 16:56:04 GMT, "Unknown" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>640X480 is probably wrong setting. It more than likely should be 800X600
>"Gill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:0qpsc.1335$Y%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks for the help. I did try to change the screen resolution but it
>> wouldn't move. It is set at 640 x 480. I did download a free Adaware
>> yesterday, maybe this has caused my problems. I have written to the firm
>> and hopefully I will get a reply soon.
>> Gill
>> "Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Gill,
>> > A program has probably changed your display somehow.
>> > Go to Start / Settings / Control panel / Display / Settings. and look at
>> > the screen area. It has probably been set to 640 x 480. Just move the
>> > slider up to 800 x 600.
>> > Hope this helps,
>> >
>> > Geoff

800x600 is what mine is set at. Seems just right.
joevan