Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > BSOD Win XP Pro

BSOD Win XP Pro

Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

Hi
In the last month or 2, i having this problem.
When i have burnt a dvd or cd, the pc will just cut out an restart. It also
happens a short while after when i try and access a cd.
I am a subscriber of a magazine called pc answers. in one of the recent
issues, they said to turn off auto restart after a system failure.
I have now found that the problem that restarts my pc is as follows which
comes up as a blue screen of death (BSOD)

BAD_POOL_HEADER.

***STOP: 0X00000019 (0X00000020,0XE2D98000,0XE2D98FF8,0XEFFFEFFF)

I have looked on the microsoft KB and found very little about how to fix it.

Any ideas.

Cheers

Gareth
1800xp
QDI KINETIZ 7E
PIONEER 107/A07
Plextor Premium
Western Digital 80 gig
Western Digital 160 gig

dfghjk

that is a new one for me.
this link may help

http://www.sun.com/desktop/products/sunpci/bsod.pdf

usually I have found a memory conflict of some sort.

the top of the message gives you some clue.

somethings to try - not necessarily in order.

try running ckhdsk /f

do some simple registry clean up like Karen's regpruner.
more aggressive ones get me in trouble all the time.

run a good memory test program.

reset your bios tweaks to default and make sure your XP isn't running
too hot.

if your board is older, check your electrolytic caps and make sure
they are not getting fat.

If the cd/dvd/is the common factor, try rearranging the IDE ports.
both HD on one and both CD/dvd on another - or whatever.

reinstall the CD/dvd drivers

On Sun, 23 May 2004 15:47:57 +0100, "Gareth not NLL or anybody else."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>In the last month or 2, i having this problem.
>When i have burnt a dvd or cd, the pc will just cut out an restart. It also
>happens a short while after when i try and access a cd.
>I am a subscriber of a magazine called pc answers. in one of the recent
>issues, they said to turn off auto restart after a system failure.
>I have now found that the problem that restarts my pc is as follows which
>comes up as a blue screen of death (BSOD)
>
>BAD_POOL_HEADER.
>
>***STOP: 0X00000019 (0X00000020,0XE2D98000,0XE2D98FF8,0XEFFFEFFF)
>
>I have looked on the microsoft KB and found very little about how to fix it.
>
>Any ideas.
>
>Cheers
>
>Gareth
>1800xp
>QDI KINETIZ 7E
>PIONEER 107/A07
>Plextor Premium
>Western Digital 80 gig
>Western Digital 160 gig

°Mike°

Bug Check 0x19: BAD_POOL_HEADER
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...codes_519j.asp

On Sun, 23 May 2004 15:47:57 +0100, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Gareth not NLL or anybody else. scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance