Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Need help creating transparent background.

Need help creating transparent background.

Somebody

I have Ulead's Photoimpact ver 4.0 and need to create a transparent
background for a JPG image to use on a webpage. Is there a way to do
it with this program...details please.
Thank you.

Hamman

"Somebody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have Ulead's Photoimpact ver 4.0 and need to create a transparent
> background for a JPG image to use on a webpage. Is there a way to do
> it with this program...details please.
> Thank you.

Jpeg doesnt allow for transprency, use a websnap gif codec or a PNG file.

hamman

Somebody

If I re-scan the image and save it as a GIF, how do I use Photo Impact
to make the transparency?

thanks

On Fri, 21 May 2004 22:10:03 +0100, "Hamman" <****(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Somebody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I have Ulead's Photoimpact ver 4.0 and need to create a transparent
>> background for a JPG image to use on a webpage. Is there a way to do
>> it with this program...details please.
>> Thank you.

>Jpeg doesnt allow for transprency, use a websnap gif codec or a PNG file.
>
>hamman

John

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Somebody
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have Ulead's Photoimpact ver 4.0 and need to create a transparent
> background for a JPG image to use on a webpage. Is there a way to do
> it with this program...details please.

You don't have to re-scan.
Just use Save As in any program to make it a GIF file, then you can
open and edit the GIF and remove what you want to be transparent.

Boomer

Somebody <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> If I re-scan the image and save it as a GIF, how do I use Photo
> Impact to make the transparency?
>
> thanks

You might try one of the PhotoImpact communities:
http://www.ulead.com/pi/communities.htm

HTH

> On Fri, 21 May 2004 22:10:03 +0100, "Hamman"
> <****(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>"Somebody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> I have Ulead's Photoimpact ver 4.0 and need to create a
>>> transparent background for a JPG image to use on a webpage. Is
>>> there a way to do it with this program...details please.
>>> Thank you.

>>Jpeg doesnt allow for transprency, use a websnap gif codec or a
>>PNG file.
>>
>>hamman

-= Hawk =-

On Fri, 21 May 2004 22:38:36 GMT, Somebody <(E-Mail Removed)>
scribbled:

>If I re-scan the image and save it as a GIF, how do I use Photo Impact
>to make the transparency?

Tried the help file?

Riddles II, v3
- T. Pratchett

Gary G. Taylor

John wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Somebody
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I have Ulead's Photoimpact ver 4.0 and need to create a transparent
>> background for a JPG image to use on a webpage. Is there a way to do
>> it with this program...details please.

> You don't have to re-scan.
> Just use Save As in any program to make it a GIF file, then you can
> open and edit the GIF and remove what you want to be transparent.

Along those lines (sorry, lost the OP), it's easiest to mask out what you
don't want, flip the mask to give you what you do want, then paste just
that into a new image, saving it as a .gif--that will produce a transparent
background.
--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

Somebody

Yes, I tried the help file which no help at all.

On Sat, 22 May 2004 04:15:06 GMT, -= Hawk =-
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 21 May 2004 22:38:36 GMT, Somebody <(E-Mail Removed)>
>scribbled:
>
>>If I re-scan the image and save it as a GIF, how do I use Photo Impact
>>to make the transparency?

>Tried the help file?

Blinky the Shark

Hamman wrote:

> "Somebody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> I have Ulead's Photoimpact ver 4.0 and need to create a transparent
>> background for a JPG image to use on a webpage. Is there a way to do
>> it with this program...details please. Thank you.

> Jpeg doesnt allow for transprency, use a websnap gif codec or a PNG
> file.

Of the two, it's probably best to use a gif for a website image, because
the vile IE can't handle alpha channel transparency in a png, and if one
doesn't even know how to *make* a transparent background, one might end
up using that method with the png.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary