Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > sharing aol connection

sharing aol connection

slumpy [still not posting from @shaw.ca]

2 PC's, need to share their <spit> AOL Broadband connection - unfortunately
I can't get to these machines so know very little about them and the
hardware involved - is it as straightforward as with any other broadband
connection ?

Basically have they made it bloody awkward for non-techy people to do,
because my ex can just about wire a plug ?
--
slumpy
no more

Hamman

"slumpy [still not posting from @shaw.ca]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> 2 PC's, need to share their <spit> AOL Broadband connection -

unfortunately
> I can't get to these machines so know very little about them and the
> hardware involved - is it as straightforward as with any other broadband
> connection ?
>
> Basically have they made it bloody awkward for non-techy people to do,
> because my ex can just about wire a plug ?
> --

You can use a router to share the incoming connection, but both of the
clients have to be running the client program or they wont have internet
access.

I dont know about an ICS style setup, but i allways had to use my own proxy
server to share an AOL dialup account.

hamman