Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Recover lost pics from emptied recycle bin

Recover lost pics from emptied recycle bin

Pamela O'Flattery

Can anyone tell me how to recover lost pictures that have been deleted from
the recycle bin?

Thanks

Boomer

"Pamela O'Flattery" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to recover lost pictures that have been
> deleted from the recycle bin?
>
> Thanks

Hi

You might try Restoration.
"Restore files which are deleted from the recycle bin by mistake."
http://www.collina.us/files/REST2514.htm

HTH

joevan

On 20 May 2004 20:23:34 GMT, Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Pamela O'Flattery" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Can anyone tell me how to recover lost pictures that have been
>> deleted from the recycle bin?
>>
>> Thanks

>Hi
>
>You might try Restoration.
>"Restore files which are deleted from the recycle bin by mistake."
>http://www.collina.us/files/REST2514.htm
>
>HTH

If you have not used your machine since you deleted the files then
directory snoop or a similar program can recover them.
If the starting cluster is in use by another file then no.
REST2514 won't work either in that case.
joevan

Juan Pérez

joevan wrote:
> On 20 May 2004 20:23:34 GMT, Boomer > wrote:
>
>>"Pamela O'Flattery" wrote:
>>
>>> Can anyone tell me how to recover lost pictures that have been
>>> deleted from the recycle bin?
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>Hi
>>
>>You might try Restoration.
>>"Restore files which are deleted from the recycle bin by mistake."
>>http://www.collina.us/files/REST2514.htm
>>
>>HTH

> If you have not used your machine since you deleted the files then
> directory snoop or a similar program can recover them.

Wouldn't you have to *use* the machine in order to use Directory Snoop
or any other fix?

> If the starting cluster is in use by another file then no.
> REST2514 won't work either in that case.
> joevan

joevan

On Thu, 20 May 2004 21:17:07 GMT, "Juan Pérez" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>joevan wrote:

>>>Hi
>>>
>>>You might try Restoration.
>>>"Restore files which are deleted from the recycle bin by mistake."
>>>http://www.collina.us/files/REST2514.htm
>>>
>>>HTH

>> If you have not used your machine since you deleted the files then
>> directory snoop or a similar program can recover them.

>Wouldn't you have to *use* the machine in order to use Directory Snoop
>or any other fix?

Of course you do. But if one immediately realizes his mistake there is
a greater chance of recovery. Even if they did not use the recycle bin
by holding down the shift key the files can still be recovered by such
programs. The more time elapsed and the more use the chance is
lessened.
joevan