Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Graphic file types.

Graphic file types.

Jimbo

Can some kind soul explain the difference between jpg, bmp, and psf?

It seems that jpg files are smaller, but is there a quality difference.

If I wanted to scan something in like a coloured document and then
manipulate and print it, which type (or any others) would give the best
quality?

TIA.

gangle

http://www.wfu.edu/~matthews/misc/gr...s/formats.html

"Jimbo" wrote
> Can some kind soul explain the difference between jpg, bmp, and psf?
>
> It seems that jpg files are smaller, but is there a quality difference.
>
> If I wanted to scan something in like a coloured document and then
> manipulate and print it, which type (or any others) would give the best
> quality?

SgtMinor

A Few Scanning Tips:

http://www.scantips.com/