Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Separating songs...

Separating songs...

Atlas7

Hello People,

Does anybody know of a good program that will take a single file of
music and separate each song from it. When I'm making backup copies of my
albums (Vinyl), it's recording it as one continuous files. Album Wrap will
not do it unless it was ripped with Album Wrap. And I can't get that to rip
them right. TIA

Dale :O)

Håkon Karlsen

"Atlas7" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:HKEqc.70529$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello People,
>
> Does anybody know of a good program that will take a single file of
> music and separate each song from it. When I'm making backup copies of my
> albums (Vinyl), it's recording it as one continuous files. Album Wrap will
> not do it unless it was ripped with Album Wrap. And I can't get that to

rip
> them right. TIA
>

> Dale :O)

This could help you
http://www.tranceaddict.com/software.shtml

(MP3 DirectCut 1.33)

Håkon

Ionizer

"Atlas7" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HKEqc.70529$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello People,
>
> Does anybody know of a good program that will take a single file of
> music and separate each song from it. When I'm making backup copies of my
> albums (Vinyl), it's recording it as one continuous files. Album Wrap will
> not do it unless it was ripped with Album Wrap. And I can't get that to

rip
> them right. TIA

If you've ripped to mp3, try mp3DirectCut, freeware, from:
http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~pesch/ You'll then need to rename each of
the tracks by hand of course, but consider it a labour of love.

Regards,
Ian.

el duderino

This is a great bit of kit.. http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/
"Ionizer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Atlas7" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:HKEqc.70529$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello People,
> >
> > Does anybody know of a good program that will take a single file of
> > music and separate each song from it. When I'm making backup copies of

my
> > albums (Vinyl), it's recording it as one continuous files. Album Wrap

will
> > not do it unless it was ripped with Album Wrap. And I can't get that to

> rip
> > them right. TIA

> If you've ripped to mp3, try mp3DirectCut, freeware, from:
> http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~pesch/ You'll then need to rename each of
> the tracks by hand of course, but consider it a labour of love.
>
> Regards,
> Ian.

ProfGene

An audio editor like Cooledit will allow you to break it up any way you like
and save it as a wave file which can be burnt as a regular cd, played or
converted to mp3.
"Atlas7" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HKEqc.70529$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello People,
>
> Does anybody know of a good program that will take a single file of
> music and separate each song from it. When I'm making backup copies of my
> albums (Vinyl), it's recording it as one continuous files. Album Wrap will
> not do it unless it was ripped with Album Wrap. And I can't get that to

rip
> them right. TIA
>

> Dale :O)

Chris

"Atlas7" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HKEqc.70529$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello People,
>
> Does anybody know of a good program that will take a single file of
> music and separate each song from it. When I'm making backup copies of my
> albums (Vinyl), it's recording it as one continuous files. Album Wrap will
> not do it unless it was ripped with Album Wrap. And I can't get that to

rip
> them right. TIA

Steinberg's Wavelab has great splitting functionality, and you can batch
process effects (eq for example) as well....

Unk

On Wed, 19 May 2004 08:17:43 GMT, "Atlas7" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hello People,
>
> Does anybody know of a good program that will take a single file of
>music and separate each song from it. When I'm making backup copies of my
>albums (Vinyl), it's recording it as one continuous files. Album Wrap will
>not do it unless it was ripped with Album Wrap. And I can't get that to rip
>them right. TIA
>

> Dale :O)

Audacity sound editor (Freeware).
Open the file with this program and cut each song out.
This is quite a comprehensive program considering that it's free.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Atlas7

-----> Thank You too.

Dale :O)

--

.................................................. ..................
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
"ProfGene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c8ft6q$3iuu$(E-Mail Removed)...
> An audio editor like Cooledit will allow you to break it up any way you

like
> and save it as a wave file which can be burnt as a regular cd, played or
> converted to mp3.
> "Atlas7" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:HKEqc.70529$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello People,
> >
> > Does anybody know of a good program that will take a single file of
> > music and separate each song from it. When I'm making backup copies of

my
> > albums (Vinyl), it's recording it as one continuous files. Album Wrap

will
> > not do it unless it was ripped with Album Wrap. And I can't get that to

> rip
> > them right. TIA
> >

> > Dale :O)

Atlas7

-----> And Thank You.

Dale :O)

--

.................................................. ..................
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited.
news:eMNqc.39361$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> "Atlas7" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:HKEqc.70529$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello People,
> >
> > Does anybody know of a good program that will take a single file of
> > music and separate each song from it. When I'm making backup copies of

my
> > albums (Vinyl), it's recording it as one continuous files. Album Wrap

will
> > not do it unless it was ripped with Album Wrap. And I can't get that to

> rip
> > them right. TIA
> >

> Steinberg's Wavelab has great splitting functionality, and you can batch
> process effects (eq for example) as well....

Atlas7

-----> And finally you....Thank You.

Dale :O)

--

confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited.
news(E-Mail Removed)...