Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Removing NAV 2004

Removing NAV 2004

Ian H

Win 98se

Have just installed Norton Antivirus 2004, after removing 2003 ver.
Having nothing but problems, "Not enough Memory" locking up etc.
Think the problem is from bits of 2003 ver being left behind.
Want to uninstall all and start again.
Noted that Symantec have a RNAV utility that cleans your system of
NAV 2003, what about 2004?

Any help appreciated

Brian

i found this url. maybe it will help (hope so) also with "trouble shooter"

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...er=&osv=&osv_l
vl=

x@y

"Ian H" <mac2564@_hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Win 98se
>
> Have just installed Norton Antivirus 2004, after removing 2003

ver.
> Having nothing but problems, "Not enough Memory" locking up

etc.
> Think the problem is from bits of 2003 ver being left behind.
> Want to uninstall all and start again.
> Noted that Symantec have a RNAV utility that cleans your system

of
> NAV 2003, what about 2004?
>
> Any help appreciated

Hello "Ian H" !!
I found this Link on Google.
(www.ursoftware.com/?ref=g_uninstall_programs)
Good Luck x@y.

Plato

Ian H wrote:

> Have just installed Norton Antivirus 2004, after removing 2003 ver.
> Having nothing but problems, "Not enough Memory" locking up etc.
> Think the problem is from bits of 2003 ver being left behind.
> Want to uninstall all and start again.
> Noted that Symantec have a RNAV utility that cleans your system of
> NAV 2003, what about 2004?

I dont believe they have removal utility for 2004.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Ron Martell

Ian H <mac2564@_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Win 98se
>
>Have just installed Norton Antivirus 2004, after removing 2003 ver.
>Having nothing but problems, "Not enough Memory" locking up etc.
>Think the problem is from bits of 2003 ver being left behind.
>Want to uninstall all and start again.
>Noted that Symantec have a RNAV utility that cleans your system of
>NAV 2003, what about 2004?
>
>Any help appreciated

NAV 2004 *is* a virus.

And especially if you have WindowsMe. Almost everyone who tries NAV
2004 on WindowsMe is unable to get it to work. So if that is your
operating system then you should return it to the retailer as being
"unsuited for the purpose that it was sold" and get your money back.

And even for other versions of Windows it is often preferable to use
NAV 2003 with a new subscriptions for virus definition updates rather
than struggle with the many shortcomings of NAV 2004.

Or better still to switch to a more reliable antivirus product such as
eTrust, Kaspersky, or even AVG.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

Ian H

On Wed, 19 May 2004 05:53:16 GMT, Ian H <mac2564@_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Win 98se
>
>Have just installed Norton Antivirus 2004, after removing 2003 ver.
>Having nothing but problems, "Not enough Memory" locking up etc.
>Think the problem is from bits of 2003 ver being left behind.
>Want to uninstall all and start again.
>Noted that Symantec have a RNAV utility that cleans your system of
>NAV 2003, what about 2004?
>
>Any help appreciated

One further thing
When trying to Unistall NAV2004
I get the following

"Setup has detected that LiveUpdate is running. Please stop LiveUpdate
and relauch setup. Setup will now abort"

Fair enough, but how does one close LiveUpdate?
ctrl/alt/del brings up the tasks that are running, but nothing is
obvious.

.....Ian

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Marius_J=F8nsrud?=

Ian H wrote:

> On Wed, 19 May 2004 05:53:16 GMT, Ian H <mac2564@_hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Win 98se
>>
>>Have just installed Norton Antivirus 2004, after removing 2003 ver.
>>Having nothing but problems, "Not enough Memory" locking up etc.
>>Think the problem is from bits of 2003 ver being left behind.
>>Want to uninstall all and start again.
>>Noted that Symantec have a RNAV utility that cleans your system of
>>NAV 2003, what about 2004?
>>
>>Any help appreciated

> One further thing
> When trying to Unistall NAV2004
> I get the following
>
> "Setup has detected that LiveUpdate is running. Please stop LiveUpdate
> and relauch setup. Setup will now abort"
>
> Fair enough, but how does one close LiveUpdate?
> ctrl/alt/del brings up the tasks that are running, but nothing is
> obvious.
>
> ....Ian

The easiest way is to boot in "safemode". Then it won't start live
update etc.

Ian H

On Thu, 20 May 2004 07:35:34 GMT, Ron Martell <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Ian H <mac2564@_hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Win 98se
>>
>>Have just installed Norton Antivirus 2004, after removing 2003 ver.
>>Having nothing but problems, "Not enough Memory" locking up etc.
>>Think the problem is from bits of 2003 ver being left behind.
>>Want to uninstall all and start again.
>>Noted that Symantec have a RNAV utility that cleans your system of
>>NAV 2003, what about 2004?
>>
>>Any help appreciated

>NAV 2004 *is* a virus.
>
>And especially if you have WindowsMe. Almost everyone who tries NAV
>2004 on WindowsMe is unable to get it to work. So if that is your
>operating system then you should return it to the retailer as being
>"unsuited for the purpose that it was sold" and get your money back.
>
>And even for other versions of Windows it is often preferable to use
>NAV 2003 with a new subscriptions for virus definition updates rather
>than struggle with the many shortcomings of NAV 2004.
>
>Or better still to switch to a more reliable antivirus product such as
>eTrust, Kaspersky, or even AVG.
>
>Good luck
>

>Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada

Thanks for all your comments.
Not happy with NAV2004, too many problems relating to previous
installs. May change over to Mcafee.

Thanks...Ian

Ron Martell

Ian H <mac2564@_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks for all your comments.
>Not happy with NAV2004, too many problems relating to previous
>installs. May change over to Mcafee.

In my opinion that would be like jumping from the frying pan into the
fire.

McAfee may not cause as many serious problems as Norton but it
definitely drags down the performance of the system and probably even
more so than Norton.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

NAV, NAV 5x.... Norton Anit-Virus?? MrDave Microsoft Certification 0 08-09-2009 07:48 PM
cannot install NAV 2004 Computer Support 11 07-25-2004 10:14 PM
NAV 2004 simon Computer Support 10 05-07-2004 05:22 AM
NAV 2004 with Win2000 K-More Computer Support 1 10-09-2003 09:58 PM
Problems installing NAV 2004 Pro maderic Computer Support 4 09-08-2003 10:46 PM

Advertisments