Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to remove Troyan horse virus

How to remove Troyan horse virus

Fred J

I am using AVG anti virus when I scanned my computer
I got a message that I have a virus Troyan horse-downloader-realteas-B
and it can not be removed. Is there a way to remove it? and how?
My OS is Wind XP Pro. Thanks Fred

Unk

On Tue, 18 May 2004 23:19:46 -0400, "Fred J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am using AVG anti virus when I scanned my computer
>I got a message that I have a virus Troyan horse-downloader-realteas-B
>and it can not be removed. Is there a way to remove it? and how?
>My OS is Wind XP Pro. Thanks Fred

Restart the computer in the Safe Mode, and run AVG from there.
After the Power On Self Test (POST), press and hold the F8 key.

Free online virus scanners
http://housecall.antivirus.com/
http://security.norton.com/default.a...d=us&venid=sym
http://security2.norton.com/us/home.asp
http://www.freedom.net/viruscenter/o...iruscheck.html
http://www.dials.ru/english/www_av/
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

Ionizer

"Fred J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qtAqc.98933$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> I am using AVG anti virus when I scanned my computer
> I got a message that I have a virus Troyan horse-downloader-realteas-B
> and it can not be removed. Is there a way to remove it? and how?
> My OS is Wind XP Pro. Thanks Fred

Are you sure you spelled the name of the Trojan correctly?

--
Ian.

Boomer

"Fred J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am using AVG anti virus when I scanned my computer
> I got a message that I have a virus Troyan
> horse-downloader-realteas-B and it can not be removed. Is there a
> way to remove it? and how? My OS is Wind XP Pro. Thanks Fred

Hi

What is the exact name of the trojan?

Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z11D62658

alt.comp.anti-virus

--
Google is your friend.

°Mike°

Use an antivirus that actually works; AVG is useless.

KAV (Kaspersky)
http://www.kaspersky.com/

eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

Sophos
http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/

On Tue, 18 May 2004 23:19:46 -0400, in
<qtAqc.98933$(E-Mail Removed)>
Fred J scrawled:

>I am using AVG anti virus when I scanned my computer
>I got a message that I have a virus Troyan horse-downloader-realteas-B
>and it can not be removed. Is there a way to remove it? and how?
>My OS is Wind XP Pro. Thanks Fred

--
Basic computer maintenance

reid decker

Fortunately, with XP, you have System Restore. On the help menu, set a
Restore Point back to a date before you had the virus. I have done this many
times. It usually works.