Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Copying hard drive to new laptop

Copying hard drive to new laptop

not hereplease@not here.com

When the hard drive is copied whole to a new laptop Win both using Win XP I
assume that the original hard drive still contains al the old data, am I
correct.

Alexander Rogge

> When the hard drive is copied whole to a new laptop Win both using Win XP I
> assume that the original hard drive still contains al the old data, am I
> correct.

Error: statement does not parse.

Using the copy command should not move the data, unless your operating
system is Fawlty.

PC

"not hereplease@not here.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qm9qc.124$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When the hard drive is copied whole to a new laptop Win both using Win XP

> assume that the original hard drive still contains al the old data, am I
> correct.

From the HyperDic, Online

"Copy" Make a replica of.

Compared to
"Move" Cause to move, both in a concrete and in an abstract sense.

Cheers

Toolman Tim

"Alexander Rogge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40a920f4$0$3004$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > When the hard drive is copied whole to a new laptop Win both using Win

XP I
> > assume that the original hard drive still contains al the old data, am I
> > correct.

> Error: statement does not parse.
>
> Using the copy command should not move the data, unless your operating
> system is Fawlty.

Fawlty - wasn't that the original name for Linux?

Just kidding - don't flame me for that ;o)

docmill

"Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "Alexander Rogge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:40a920f4$0$3004$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > When the hard drive is copied whole to a new laptop Win both using
>> > Win

> XP I
>> > assume that the original hard drive still contains al the old data,
>> > am I correct.

>> Error: statement does not parse.
>>
>> Using the copy command should not move the data, unless your
>> operating system is Fawlty.

> Fawlty - wasn't that the original name for Linux?
>
> Just kidding - don't flame me for that ;o)

TorvaldX
He had to change the name, because with no vowel between the d and x,
pronunciation became a dirty subject. And Vanna wasn't making a buck.

--