Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Printer problem

Printer problem

MIS

I've got a Samsung SCX4016, Windows XP, IE6. When I print a webpage the
right side of the text is chopped off, this also appears when I do a print
preview. I went into printer setup and rolled the margins back as far as
they would go, .17 I think it was but to no avail. I copied and pasted the
webpage into Microsoft Word and still got the same thing, I also just
installed the mosr recent printer driver. I seriously suspect it a software
problem with XP somewhere.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Stealth

Try printing in landscape mode.

"MIS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got a Samsung SCX4016, Windows XP, IE6. When I print a

webpage the
> right side of the text is chopped off, this also appears when I

do a print
> preview. I went into printer setup and rolled the margins back

as far as
> they would go, .17 I think it was but to no avail. I copied and

pasted the
> webpage into Microsoft Word and still got the same thing, I

also just
> installed the mosr recent printer driver. I seriously suspect

it a software
> problem with XP somewhere.
>
> Any help would greatly be appreciated.

SgtMinor

Is there no fit-to-page option in the Printer properties dialog box?

MIS wrote:

> I've got a Samsung SCX4016, Windows XP, IE6. When I print a webpage the
> right side of the text is chopped off, this also appears when I do a print
> preview. I went into printer setup and rolled the margins back as far as
> they would go, .17 I think it was but to no avail. I copied and pasted the
> webpage into Microsoft Word and still got the same thing, I also just
> installed the mosr recent printer driver. I seriously suspect it a software
> problem with XP somewhere.
>
> Any help would greatly be appreciated.

°Mike°

Frame or Table Text Is Cut Off at the Right Margin
When Printing Web Pages
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260642

On Mon, 17 May 2004 12:51:23 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
MIS scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Stickems

What you describe is a shortcoming in the software. I use Canon Easy Web
Print to solve this problem. No need to move margins, or print frames
separately or to print in landscape mode.

"MIS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got a Samsung SCX4016, Windows XP, IE6. When I print a webpage the
> right side of the text is chopped off, this also appears when I do a print
> preview. I went into printer setup and rolled the margins back as far as
> they would go, .17 I think it was but to no avail. I copied and pasted the
> webpage into Microsoft Word and still got the same thing, I also just
> installed the mosr recent printer driver. I seriously suspect it a

software
> problem with XP somewhere.
>
> Any help would greatly be appreciated.

John R. Baker

If you have Adobe Acrobat (the full program, not just the "free" reader),
you can print the web page to a PDF file. Then, open the PDF file in the
reader program, and choose "fit to page" when you print.

- John R. Baker

"MIS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got a Samsung SCX4016, Windows XP, IE6. When I print a webpage the
> right side of the text is chopped off, this also appears when I do a print
> preview. I went into printer setup and rolled the margins back as far as
> they would go, .17 I think it was but to no avail. I copied and pasted the
> webpage into Microsoft Word and still got the same thing, I also just
> installed the mosr recent printer driver. I seriously suspect it a

software
> problem with XP somewhere.
>
> Any help would greatly be appreciated.

reid decker

Go into the printer properties and set the printer to landscape.
"MIS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got a Samsung SCX4016, Windows XP, IE6. When I print a webpage the
> right side of the text is chopped off, this also appears when I do a print
> preview. I went into printer setup and rolled the margins back as far as
> they would go, .17 I think it was but to no avail. I copied and pasted the
> webpage into Microsoft Word and still got the same thing, I also just
> installed the mosr recent printer driver. I seriously suspect it a

software
> problem with XP somewhere.
>
> Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Toolman Tim

Cool idea! Plus there are free or "budget" print drivers that make PDF -
maybe that would do the same.

http://www.pdf995.com/
http://www.acrosoftware.com/
http://www.go2pdf.com/

I've used the first one - does 1200 DPI instead of Adobe's 600 <g>

"John R. Baker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> If you have Adobe Acrobat (the full program, not just the "free" reader),
> you can print the web page to a PDF file. Then, open the PDF file in the
> reader program, and choose "fit to page" when you print.
>
> - John R. Baker
>

> "MIS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've got a Samsung SCX4016, Windows XP, IE6. When I print a webpage the
> > right side of the text is chopped off, this also appears when I do a

print
> > preview. I went into printer setup and rolled the margins back as far as
> > they would go, .17 I think it was but to no avail. I copied and pasted

the
> > webpage into Microsoft Word and still got the same thing, I also just
> > installed the mosr recent printer driver. I seriously suspect it a

> software
> > problem with XP somewhere.
> >
> > Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Boomer

"reid decker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Didn't my other reply show up? I advised you to set the
> printer
> properties to LANDSCAPE rather than PORTRAIT, if you can find
> those on your printer properties. Hope this helps.

Hello AGAIN!

Could you please adjust your Clock/Time Zone settings?
You are posting from the future.

For Windows :
1. Double click the time in the lower right corner of the system tray.
2. In the dialog box that pops up select the *Time Zone* tab.
3. Use the drop down menu to select the correct entry for "your" TIME
ZONE.
Check "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes
4. Also, Check the box marked Daylight Savings Time.
5. Then click OK to save it.

~Further information at the site below.~
http://www.visi.com/~barr/timezone.html

Thank You Very Much

P.S. It does not matter if you are living on the far side of the moon.
Your computer clock/date/time zone is incorrect.