Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Unable to download an appropriate decompressor. (Error=80040200)

Unable to download an appropriate decompressor. (Error=80040200)

Angel thoughts

Unable to download an appropriate decompressor. (Error=80040200)
im trying to download a movie and keep running into this problem. Any help
gratefully appreciated as obviously we cant watch it until we have this
sorted
Angel

°Mike°

Windows Media Player Error Code 80040200 Information
http://support.microsoft.com/default...mp80040200.asp

Shorter link for above:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?I27513096

Error Message: Unable to Download an Appropriate Decompressor
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=230687

Use GSpot to determine what codec you need.
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

On Mon, 17 May 2004 16:42:16 +0100, in
<vY5qc.79$(E-Mail Removed)>
Angel thoughts scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Angel thoughts

Hi,
got g spot but dont know how to get it to determine what codec or
decompressor I need. Help.....
Angel

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows Media Player Error Code 80040200 Information

http://support.microsoft.com/default...mp80040200.asp

> Shorter link for above:
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?I27513096
>
> Error Message: Unable to Download an Appropriate Decompressor
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=230687
>
> Use GSpot to determine what codec you need.
> http://www.headbands.com/gspot/
>

> On Mon, 17 May 2004 16:42:16 +0100, in
> <vY5qc.79$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Angel thoughts scrawled:
>
> >Unable to download an appropriate decompressor. (Error=80040200)
> >im trying to download a movie and keep running into this problem. Any

help
> >gratefully appreciated as obviously we cant watch it until we have this
> >sorted
> >Angel
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

Angel thoughts

It says g spot doesn't support this file type as of yet.

"Angel thoughts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kg6qc.84$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> got g spot but dont know how to get it to determine what codec or
> decompressor I need. Help.....
> Angel

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Windows Media Player Error Code 80040200 Information

http://support.microsoft.com/default...mp80040200.asp

> > Shorter link for above:
> > http://makeashorterlink.com/?I27513096
> >
> > Error Message: Unable to Download an Appropriate Decompressor
> >
> > Use GSpot to determine what codec you need.
> > http://www.headbands.com/gspot/
> >

> > On Mon, 17 May 2004 16:42:16 +0100, in
> > <vY5qc.79$(E-Mail Removed)>
> > Angel thoughts scrawled:
> >
> > >Unable to download an appropriate decompressor. (Error=80040200)
> > >im trying to download a movie and keep running into this problem. Any

> help
> > >gratefully appreciated as obviously we cant watch it until we have this
> > >sorted
> > >Angel
> > >

> > --
> > Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Read the links I gave you; the file was probably
created with QuickTime.
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Or try QuickTime Alternative
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm

On Mon, 17 May 2004 17:11:28 +0100, in
<On6qc.86$(E-Mail Removed)>
Angel thoughts scrawled:

>It says g spot doesn't support this file type as of yet.
>

>"Angel thoughts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:kg6qc.84$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>> got g spot but dont know how to get it to determine what codec or
>> decompressor I need. Help.....
>> Angel

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

James Longstreet

In article <vY5qc.79$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Angel thoughts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Unable to download an appropriate decompressor. (Error=80040200)
> im trying to download a movie and keep running into this problem. Any help
> gratefully appreciated as obviously we cant watch it until we have this
> sorted
> Angel

Google for "kazaa lite codec pack" without quotes. Download it and
install it. If it still doesn't open (in Media Player), then it's
either corrupted, or the work of Satan.

--
James Longstreet
http://www.generationxyu.com