Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Folder resets itself

Folder resets itself

Gravydownshirt

I want a folder to view files in the order they have been moderated...every
time I access it.
I click to view " as moderated" but each time I return to the folder the
files are arranged by name again . and I have to go through the above
process again..any answers to this please?

°Mike°

Arrange the folder as you want it, then go to:
Tools / Folder Options / View
Make sure 'Remember each folder's view settings'
is checked, then press 'Apply to all folders'.

On Mon, 17 May 2004 12:43:43 +0000 (UTC), in
<c8ac1v$i65$(E-Mail Removed)>
Gravydownshirt scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Gravydownshirt

Thank you..I will try this...
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Arrange the folder as you want it, then go to:
> Tools / Folder Options / View
> Make sure 'Remember each folder's view settings'
> is checked, then press 'Apply to all folders'.
>

> On Mon, 17 May 2004 12:43:43 +0000 (UTC), in
> <c8ac1v$i65$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Gravydownshirt scrawled:
>
> >I want a folder to view files in the order they have been

moderated...every
> >time I access it.
> >I click to view " as moderated" but each time I return to the folder the
> >files are arranged by name again . and I have to go through the above
> >process again..any answers to this please?
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

You're welcome.

On Mon, 17 May 2004 14:16:33 +0000 (UTC), in
<c8ahg1$iv0$(E-Mail Removed)>
Gravydownshirt scrawled:

>Thank you..I will try this...

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Arrange the folder as you want it, then go to:
>> Tools / Folder Options / View
>> Make sure 'Remember each folder's view settings'
>> is checked, then press 'Apply to all folders'.

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

John

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, °Mike°
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Arrange the folder as you want it, then go to:
> Tools / Folder Options / View
> Make sure 'Remember each folder's view settings'
> is checked, then press 'Apply to all folders'.

Does that last 'Apply' part refer to 'remember the setting for each
folder' or 'apply this view to each folder?
It's ambiguous; maybe it makes more sense in the dialog?

°Mike°

On Mon, 17 May 2004 22:39:47 GMT, in
<170520041539465188%(E-Mail Removed) t>
John scrawled:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, °Mike°
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Arrange the folder as you want it, then go to:
>> Tools / Folder Options / View
>> Make sure 'Remember each folder's view settings'
>> is checked, then press 'Apply to all folders'.

>Does that last 'Apply' part refer to 'remember the setting for each
>folder' or 'apply this view to each folder?
>It's ambiguous; maybe it makes more sense in the dialog?

It's not ambiguous at all; it is quite clear:

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Arrange the folder as you want it, then go to:
> >> Tools / Folder Options / View
> >> Make sure 'Remember each folder's view settings'
> >> is checked, then press 'Apply to all folders'.

> >Does that last 'Apply' part refer to 'remember the setting for each
> >folder' or 'apply this view to each folder?
> >It's ambiguous; maybe it makes more sense in the dialog?

> It's not ambiguous at all; it is quite clear:
> "then press 'Apply to all folders'.

This isn't very important, but I can explain myself:
I understand what it says. What it says could mean more than one thing.
Specifically: if he is changing the view of a folder,
then the check box 'remember each folder's view settings' is in logical
conflict with 'apply this view setting to all folders'.

So does choosing that apply the new view setting to all folders, and
ignore the previous view setting, or apply the new view only to folders
without a stored view setting, or apply this new view to all folders
but store the previous view as a secondary choice?
And if these settings are chosen, but the Apply button is not clicked,
what happens? Nothing? or does it change the view, but only
temporarily?

Hiker

One odd peculiarity with Win XP (at least on network version I've been
using) is that the view settings cascade down, but not up. You have to be
at My Computer or C:\ to make it work on all folders.

BTW, the "remember each folder's view settings" is for those who maybe
prefer to see certain folders with icons instead of list format or to see
details on some folders but not on others. If you really want to "apply to
all folders" this must be unchecked, or the change will not appear to work.

news:240520040047135323%(E-Mail Removed) d...

> > >Does that last 'Apply' part refer to 'remember the setting for each
> > >folder' or 'apply this view to each folder?
> > >It's ambiguous; maybe it makes more sense in the dialog?

> > It's not ambiguous at all; it is quite clear:
> > "then press 'Apply to all folders'.

> This isn't very important, but I can explain myself:
> I understand what it says. What it says could mean more than one thing.
> Specifically: if he is changing the view of a folder,
> then the check box 'remember each folder's view settings' is in logical
> conflict with 'apply this view setting to all folders'.
>
> So does choosing that apply the new view setting to all folders, and
> ignore the previous view setting, or apply the new view only to folders
> without a stored view setting, or apply this new view to all folders
> but store the previous view as a secondary choice?
> And if these settings are chosen, but the Apply button is not clicked,
> what happens? Nothing? or does it change the view, but only
> temporarily?

faster

RE : Memory

Date 29/05/2004

For sale 2 X 512 MB NEW SAMSUNG PC 2700 DDR SDRAM = 1024 MB Matched Samsung
CL2.5

Contact Peter in Albany Western Australia on 0407994349

PRICE IS $240 Postage Paid and insured to any where in Australia.
International extra. depending on destination.

Double ordered for server selling at cost.

news:4%Qtc.1636$(E-Mail Removed)...